Caleffi MBV Wiring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbird

Jun 29, 2009
NH Seacoast
Was hoping someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I need to get it right.
I've attached the wiring diagram for a 6442 Caleffi MBV. I have the an actuator, a 24v transformer, and a basic heat only thermostat on my work bench. I just can't seem to get the actuator to close when there is no call for heat. Opening is not a problem. I'm thinking I may need a different type of thermostat?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• MBV_Wiring.jpg
    MBV_Wiring.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 175
Looks like you need a TT that has double throw contacts.(one wire closed on rise, one open) If you can't/ don't want to change thermostats
a spdt/dpdt relay with a coil voltage same as thermostat circuit will do the trick.

Ok, thanks for confirming that. I was just talking to a co-worker about this, instead of actually working, and he basically said the same thing. I found a couple thermostats that would do what I want but @ $130 I think I will go the relay route. Luckily I just ordered a DPDT relay and socket from Grainger yesterday to play around with.

Status
Not open for further replies.