Caleffi thermomix valve plumbing questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything in here, http://s3.supplyhouse.com/product_files/280Install2.pdf , that would say you couldn't. You're saying it's installed on the return, but closer to the boiler than the pump, which is also on the return? Or is the pump on the supply side? I still don't see what the difference would be as long as it's on the return between the load return and the boiler.

Hopefully Bob Rohr will see this.

I'm wondering if the pump can be installed on the supply side and the valve be on the return side. So that the pump is pushing water through as opposed to pulling it through like the drawings suggest.

I think it would work - but also thinking there must be some reason the drawings show it the other way. Maybe a bit of a difference in pumping efficiencies or something?

The reason I'm asking is in the drawings they show the pump coming from storage each time. My System has the pump pulling water through the whole system before getting to the valve. I'm curious how hard on the pump this method is. I know when I hooked it up it took the pump a long time to pull prime. If I could run the pump in the supply side wouldn't it be easier on the pump itself?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.