Salisbury, MD
  2. Jack Straw

Jack Straw
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 22, 2008
    Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    There was a kid around here who wanted to be an astronaut....his parents found him in the dryer! :lol:

(I am so sorry for that one!)

3. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 20, 2008
    Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    They should have used compressed air from below. Foomp!

4. BrotherBart

BrotherBart
    Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Caption for the picture:

"Even though they were successful in putting out the chimney fire, the method employed by the local volunteer firefighters is currently under investigation."

5. Agent

Agent
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 5, 2011
    Loc:
    Gillette, WY
    Hmm, he looks a bit dirty. Maybe he'll become the poster boy for regular chimney cleaning?

6. loon

loon
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 9, 2010
    Loc:
    ont canada
    Mentioned this once before on the board :cheese: But Ya Cant Fix Stupid!! :lol:

loon

7. snowleopard

snowleopard
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 9, 2009
    Hey, this sure beats the article that was cited here a few months ago where a skeleton turned up in a chimney, and a couple of folks had to say, "I always wondered what happened to my brother."

Yes, it was not the smartest thing to have done, although the kid would probably have thought it was if he got away with it. In a convoluted way, it does show a measure of respect for his parents' rules--at least he knew they meant them. I can't look at anyone's teen and say, "I know for a level fact that neither of mine would do anything that stupid", because they surprise me all the time--with brilliance, compassion, and jaw-dropping dumbnity as well.

Can't fix stupid? I don't know; I think time and experience can help. Before we throw too many stones, let's take an honest look at our own adolescence, and see if there was anything we would do differently now that we have a little perspective. If the same kid goes back in the same chimney next week, then fine, leave him there. But I'm betting he's completely cured of that particular flavor of stupid.

Wonder how long he was stuck there. . .

8. loon

loon
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 9, 2010
    Loc:
    ont canada
    Lets see! i am pushing 50 and looking back at the amount of STUPID things i have done, that cant be fixed %-P

But good luck to that fella :coolgrin: The Dumbass!!! :lol:

loon

9. BrotherBart

BrotherBart
    Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Nope. Just looked back over 64 years and the 132 stupid things, that is just the memorable ones, don't add up to that stunt. And sneaking in shows the same measure of respect for the rules as using a getaway car after the bank robbery does. :lol:

But I am extremely happy that the lad didn't get himself dead.

10. snowleopard

snowleopard
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 9, 2009
    Respect more in the sense of `acknowledgment' than `esteem'.

11. firefighterjake

firefighterjake
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 22, 2008
    Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    When I first saw this on the internet I figured it was someone who thought it would be a good idea to dress up as Santa and come down the chimney . . .

12. woodchip

woodchip
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 6, 2010
    Loc:
    Broadstone England
    Stupid people are actually incredibly clever in that they find news ways of being stupid all the time........

At least the lad only got a bit of dented pride, and he'll have a good story to tell his grandchildren...... ;-)

13. snowleopard

snowleopard
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 9, 2009
    Wonder if that picture will make it into the family album . . . or the family vid that gets shown at gatherings . . . "Hey, hit rewind--I wanna see that part again . . . "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.