Call me Grandpa

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww, that content sleeping baby pic brings tears to my eyes! She's just beautiful, and so is her mom!
Congratulations!

Hey Rick, that's wonderful. I needed some good news today. I'm glad that your daughter and Sawyer Jane are doing well. She's a beautiful girl.

Agreed, your daughter doesn't have that `don't mind me, just got hit by a truck' look that most of us wear after childbirth. They both look very relaxed and comfortable. Your granddaughter looks like you--just needs a ponytail. I have a hunch your Marsha is looking in on this situation, and approves. It's an amazing thing, the process of the whole world moving over just a little bit to make room for someone new . . . pebble in the pond . . . the ripples from this event change the universe . . .

Guy said:
Remember you heard it here "there is nothing more fun that a grandchild " enjoy
Guy

We called my father grandpa 'till my daughter renamed him "PAPA!" and that was it (I think it was Bell from Beauty & The Beast).
I asked him why they go nutz for the grandkids and my mom and he chimed in at exactly the same moment:

"Grandkids go home!"

Congrats Rick.

Let's see Foss....are you gonna be called gramps, pappy, pops, grandpop....or maybes grandpa....? :)
I love the name Sawyer...it's different, very original.
Congrats!

GAMMA RAY said:
...are you gonna be called gramps, pappy, pops, grandpop....or maybes grandpa....? :)...

So far as I'm concerned, that's up to Sawyer Jane. I'll just wait and see.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
We need a better pic of the wee bairn!!!!

OK, how's this one? Strapped in for the trip home from the hospital. She can just barely contain her excitement about her first car ride. :lol:

Attachments

• Yeti.jpg
    Yeti.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 197
She's conserving her energy . She's very smart :)

Rick, beautiful baby. Sawyer is about the best name ever, especially for the grandchild of a hearth moderator!!

I know this month has to be hard for you, very glad to hear this good news! Yer gonna be an awesome Papa!

So, when are you going, and we get to see the pic ???

action-smiley-075.gif

laughing-smiley-001.gif

fossil said:
OK, how's this one? Strapped in for the trip home from the hospital. She can just barely contain her excitement about her first car ride. :lol:

Lovely.

Made me think of my daughter's inaugural ride: child came earlier than expected, and so we had to stop on the way home from the hospital and buy a car seat. We bought the biggest, baddest, most protective car seat available at the only store that was open at that point (I remember three highly inebriated Native ladies stopped us on the sidewalk to ooh and ahh). We strapped her in as best we knew, and made one more stop on the way home. I looked back at the car seat and she was gone. I knew she had to be somewhere, and investigated further. She was curled up like a cutworm in the bottom of this enormous car seat, with an astonished look on her face, clearly wondering how it was the nurses had released her into the hands of such bumbling amateurs, and hoping for the best . . . :gulp:

snowleopard said:
fossil said:

Lovely.

Made me think of my daughter's inaugural ride: child came earlier than expected, and so we had to stop on the way home from the hospital and buy a car seat. We bought the biggest, baddest, most protective car seat available at the only store that was open at that point (I remember three highly inebriated Native ladies stopped us on the sidewalk to ooh and ahh). We strapped her in as best we knew, and made one more stop on the way home. I looked back at the car seat and she was gone. I knew she had to be somewhere, and investigated further. She was curled up like a cutworm in the bottom of this enormous car seat, with an astonished look on her face, clearly wondering how it was the nurses had released her into the hands of such bumbling amateurs, and hoping for the best . . . :gulp:

Has she heard this story?

Status
Not open for further replies.