called woodstock the other day.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDGERUNNER30

Feb 7, 2009
Eastern, Kentucky
called woodstock the other day getting some information on how to get my stove shipped, they really are nice people. I talk to lady and she was very nice and seem to have alot of knowlege, were i live they were not many places i knew of that had a loading dock,but after taking to her, she look up on there records and back in 2002 they had shipped a stove to a hardware store about a mile from my house, called the hareware store today and they said they would receive the stove. they don't have a loading dock, but have a fork lift. I will be ordering my fireview monday. I hope it heats like every body claims, I will have two stoves when i get this fireview and i believe it will easy the burden of working my other stove hard in order to keep the whole house warm . It's alot of money to spend but you get what you pay for most of the time. and the looks of the stove are hard to beat.

they are very nice ppl at ws. i visit often just tosay hi and see whats new.. you wont be disappointed with the stove they are awsome

Welcome to the club Ridgerunner, you will enjoy the stove. Be sure to post some pics.

Wood1,
Our Woodstock spy, we all expect you to give us some updates on that new stove asap. ;-)

Just c'mon up and get it. I'll put you up on the couch for the night. I've always wanted to take a tour of their facility anyway........ they are maybe an hour from my house.

Ductape said:
Just c'mon up and get it. I'll put you up on the couch for the night. I've always wanted to take a tour of their facility anyway........ they are maybe an hour from my house.

You are an hour away and never managed to find an excuse to visit? Hmmm... I know the real reason - you fear the temptation of walking out with a new stove :)

RIDGERUNNER30 said:
called woodstock the other day getting some information on how to get my stove shipped, they really are nice people. I talk to lady and she was very nice and seem to have alot of knowlege, were i live they were not many places i knew of that had a loading dock,but after taking to her, she look up on there records and back in 2002 they had shipped a stove to a hardware store about a mile from my house, called the hareware store today and they said they would receive the stove. they don't have a loading dock, but have a fork lift. I will be ordering my fireview monday. I hope it heats like every body claims, I will have two stoves when i get this fireview and i believe it will easy the burden of working my other stove hard in order to keep the whole house warm . It's alot of money to spend but you get what you pay for most of the time. and the looks of the stove are hard to beat.

Congratulations Ridgerunner. Which stove are you buying?

Most of the folks are very knowledgeable up there and the good part is that if they do not know the answer they will either find out or put you through to someone else who will have the answer. They are always willing and able to help.

A lot of hardware stores do have fork lifts so that is a natural place to look for help. We had our tire store accept delivery. The owner would not charge me anything for doing it either but I did manage to slip a $20 in his pocket. When I found out the delivery date I called him so he would know it was coming that day. Then I just happened to call again to check and he had just came in from unloading. It was still on the fork lift and he just sat it on the trailer.

I got it off the trailer myself and later managed to also put onto a furniture dolly. That made moving it really easy. We did not un-crate the stove until we got it right in front of the hearth. Then we un-crated, removed the lid and firebox door and also removed the firebrick. Then we put some 4 x 4's under the stove and lifted it right up onto our 16" raised hearth. It worked like a charm.

Good luck with that new stove and don't hurt yourself by trying to do too much alone. That is one heavy rock.

Todd, as soon as i am back in town for more than a week i am going to stop by ws and look around.. i will bring my supper spy camera ;-) and report back to HQ

The electricity just came back on after 2 1/2+ days. Our home was pleasantly cozy and large covered pot meant hot water for "PTA showers" was always at the ready.

Marvelous stoves, and a truly fabulous company staffed by people who actually give a damn! Welcome to the club indeed.

Backwoods Savage said:
RIDGERUNNER30 said:

Congratulations Ridgerunner. Which stove are you buying?

Most of the folks are very knowledgeable up there and the good part is that if they do not know the answer they will either find out or put you through to someone else who will have the answer. They are always willing and able to help.

A lot of hardware stores do have fork lifts so that is a natural place to look for help. We had our tire store accept delivery. The owner would not charge me anything for doing it either but I did manage to slip a $20 in his pocket. When I found out the delivery date I called him so he would know it was coming that day. Then I just happened to call again to check and he had just came in from unloading. It was still on the fork lift and he just sat it on the trailer.
Hey backwoods Savage i'am getting the fireview in the mattle black finish, you and todd and some other members have help me in choosing this stove, alot of your hearth stores there owners or salesman don't even burn wood themselves so how can they tell you what kind of stove you need, this website has been a blessing to me .
I got it off the trailer myself and later managed to also put onto a furniture dolly. That made moving it really easy. We did not un-crate the stove until we got it right in front of the hearth. Then we un-crated, removed the lid and firebox door and also removed the firebrick. Then we put some 4 x 4's under the stove and lifted it right up onto our 16" raised hearth. It worked like a charm.

Good luck with that new stove and don't hurt yourself by trying to do too much alone. That is one heavy rock.

Yup, very nice and helpful people. To move it in just get 3 more backs, put 2x4's under the top(on the sides), strap them together tight so they can't pop out and just pick it up and carry it in. A single 2x4 can be used pry-bar fashion for the last few inches. I put cardboard scraps under the feet while doing the final jockeying into position so as not to scratch up the hearth. I'm sure they told you everything you need to know.

Anyway, you've got a great stove and a great company backing it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.