Calling all Hampton HI300 Owners!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haqve the same stove. I have a basic rutledge? (sp) set on the top plate just above the air outlet. I have been watching my stove more closely and if I get the stove temp at that point between 200 on low side and 350, wow its cooking, it does well. Remember if you run the blower on low it will run towards the lower end unless you get some really dry oak in there!!! Hopefully this helps. If its cold outside then the min temp should be about 225. I know it sounds small but it makes a difference because you are actually measuring the air temp comming out and not the firebox. Good luck and enjoy!

I had a stove thermo on the top shelf, but ended up getting an IR thermometer from Harbor Freight.

Status
Not open for further replies.