Calling all Insert owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Did you or your installer have to drill holes in the insert to mount the surround?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, came with mounting brackets welded to the insert that the side grilles mount to, the surround then screws to the outer portions of the grilles.

There were threaded holes on the side of the insert. Surround came with brackets that mounted in these holes then the surround slid over the brackets.

KaptJaq

Mine uses springs that attach to holes on the insert.

Mine mounts to the insert.

My Osburn 2400 came fully prep'd. Actually, I think the surround was the easiest part of the install.

Yep My Napoleon was a simple mount for the surround. It just slid into place after attaching a few screws.

Mellow: No. The knockouts had dummy "fasteners" filling the milled holes in case
one opted not to have a shroud or "surround".

As for Mrs Driftwood, she also came pre-drilled. Said so in the manual she came with.

Well, that's Appalachia for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.