Calling all WI Breckwell Owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbbcd

Feb 8, 2011
WI
Hello all,
Im trying to find Service Dealers in SE Wi for Breckwell Pellet Stoves.
All my searches come up with 90% Fleet Farm Stores. Fleet Farm does sell stoves but very very few parts if any.
I Have had a Breckwell Pellet Stove (P24) for a few years now. I am in need of a Combustion Blower.
After searching around for awhile, I could find no dealers around, except for Fleet Farm (pretty much useless for parts)
I know I can order online, but would like to go directly to a store and buy my parts.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
John

You need to look for Breckwell dealers that are actually Hearth Shops and not farm supply companies.

Even then there is no guarantee they'll have your part in stock. They however will know of places that distribute such parts to the trade.

In some places there may be restrictions on who can buy from the distribution companies.

If you are the original owner of the stove, you can get a 30% discount on parts for your stove. You'll have to call the 800 number and speak to the parts department to get the discount.

OK, Thanks
I picked up a new combustion blower today and I seems to work great. (old blower did run tight)
Now after 10 min the stove shuts off stops feeding pellets)
So I by passed both the Thermal Disk & the Air Flow Switch & checked the fuse as the manual states.
But the stove still stops feeding pellets after about 5-10 min and still shuts down.
What should I try next and then next etc......
I don't want to have it serviced yet, I'd rather buy new parts as I go.
Thanks much
John

Locate and bypass the high limit system.

Do not run the stove in that mode for any length of time and never unattended.

Are you getting any error indications on the control panel?

Also check and if clogged clean the convection blower.

Bingo!
The Convection blower wants to start but doesn't
When I turn the power on and off I see the convection blower jerks a small bit, but will not turn.
The convection blower is clean and turns by hand freely. how can I test it to see if its bad?
Thanks

maybe not....... lol
The auto low fan speed does not come on when it should, but when I push the High Fan speed button
the high fan speed comes on when the pellet stove is working.
The pellet stove still turns off after about 10 min w/ the high convection speed fan.
now what?

Your control board likely has a messed up triac on it.

But I don't understand why the stove goes off if the high limit system is bypassed.

If the safeties are shutting the stove down after 10 minutes of fire even with the fan running on high you may issues other than just the fan or controller.

You never did answer my question about the controller displaying any error codes.

That style of controller generally flashes a light in the heat range bar.

It could be possible that your flue is plugged enough so that exhaust gases are causing your combustion blower to overheat and shutdown, which leads to a vacuum error and if really bad a high limit shutdown.

Anyway I've had it for one day.

Unfortunately that is not the problem. The burn pot is empty when the unit shuts down.

"If the pellet stove shuts down and displays a POF or #3 blinking light there are a couple of possibilities."

This info sheet states "a couple of possibilities" and only addresses one. All others you need to call Breckwell.

Then you might want to watch the auger a bit closer.

A staling auger motor, loose auger, or high temp is on your list.

If the stove shut down displaying the same symptoms as before (empty burn pot) when you had the high temperature bypassed then the auger system should be looked at.

ok
thanks
I'll try it tonight when I get home
I cleaned & oiled the auger motor. The auger seems to be working good.
it spins freely on & off
I am thinking its the control board. With the #1 setting I had much more flame than the #5 setting
Also dont forget the convection motor will not run on normal speed, only when I push fast fan speed will it spin.
I ordered a new control board from e-bay, but I'm worried that it is slightly different than the one I have now. Although the #s do match up correctly
on the new board there is a low/ high speed switch on the top . On my current control board there is no such switch
My pellet stove is: P24FSA WH96-5350

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRECKWELL-P23-P...686?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4155447f7e

Status
Not open for further replies.