CALLING ANY-ALL Blaze King Ultra/Parlour/Classic 1107 OWNERS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roospike

Nov 19, 2005
Eastern Nebraska
Looking for true information on this stove.

Anybody out there that "owns" the Blaze King Ultra/Parlour/Classic 1107 wood stove and can shed some light on the performance on the claims of this stove.

Up to 90,000 Btu’s
82.5% Efficiency
40-47 hour burn time
1.76 g/ph emissions
Optional Gold Plated Doors
Mobile Home Approved (All Models) Ultra, Parlor & Classic
Operates During Power Failures
Wide-View Door with Optional Gold Trim
Easy To Clean Hinged Door
1400 Degree Ceramic Glass
Optional Variable Speed Dual Fans
Temperature Sensor Turns Fan off/on at your Preset Speed
Limited - 5 Year Warrantee + 6 Years on Catalytic Combustor

EPA listed information per Blaze King model # 1107

Blaze King KEJ 1107

Catalytic

Emissions g/ph 1.8

Efficiency 72 %

Heat output 9100-39800

Expiration Date 07/09/2007

---------------------------------------

Blaze King 1107
Average EPA Test Fuel (Low Burn)8,600 Btu’s/hr
Average EPA Test Fuel (High Burn) 37,800 Btu’s/hr
Average Real World Btu’s (Low Burn)8,400 Btu’s/hr
Average Real World Btu’s (High Burn)47,000 Btu’s/h

http://tinyurl.com/y24tws [tiny by Mo]

I am new here, and have learned lots in the last month. Thanks to all.
I am in the process of ordering a Blaze King Princess Insert.
It only has 2.85 Cu FT box and only holds 60 pounds of wood.
They claim 20 Plus Hours Low Burn Times. I am not expecting that, but hope to get a good 10 to 12 hours.
I am still a little worried that more people here do not know much about Blaze Kings. Here in the Northwest Blaze King has been around a long time, but I do not have any experience with them.
Hopefully I will be able to give a possitive report soon, unless someone here can show me the light before I make a big mistake.
Thank you to all for your opinions and expertise.

treeman08 said:
I am new here, and have learned lots in the last month. Thanks to all.
I am in the process of ordering a Blaze King Princess Insert.
It only has 2.85 Cu FT box and only holds 60 pounds of wood.
They claim 20 Plus Hours Low Burn Times. I am not expecting that, but hope to get a good 10 to 12 hours.
I am still a little worried that more people here do not know much about Blaze Kings. Here in the Northwest Blaze King has been around a long time, but I do not have any experience with them.
Hopefully I will be able to give a possitive report soon, unless someone here can show me the light before I make a big mistake.
Thank you to all for your opinions and expertise.

Not a big mistake at all...
Many loyal Blaze King owners out there.
The perfect stove for someone who is serious about
cutting their heat bill & don't want to have to tend to
their fire continously (work, overnight, etc.).

Rob

Thanks for your assurance Rob.
Everything I have heard about Blaze King has been good, just a little worried due to not much info at all.
The price is more than I had had planned on spending ($3400) for full install price.
I have to look at it as my current setup is not efficient and not very safe.
I have an old Fisher just stuffed into the firebox.
If everything Blaze King advertises is true it will be perfect, but I just have a hard time believing everything that a salesman will say.
Thanks

I remember a thread last year where someone bought a blaze king, filled it half full of hardwood, and stated a good bed of coals left after 24 hrs. That person seemed pretty happy with the stove. Can't find the old thread.

Todd,
The person you referring to is me, I think. I bought the Blaze King last year and began burning with it in February. Living here in southern NC, we were getting near the end of the burning season, so I never got to the point of actually loading the stove to it's max capacity, and cannot confirm the 40 burn. I can confirm that with a half load, the house was toasty (75 degrees) twenty-four hours later with plenty of hot coals in the bottom of the stove, enought so, all I had to do was stir them up and put in some smaller splits and it would take off. Last week it got down to the mid 30's for a couple of days, and had my first and only fire this year. So far, based upon last years performance, I am still highly pleased with my BK 1107.
Edit: After reading a related post regarding the effeciency and burn time of the BK1107 I thought I would add a little more info. Outside temps were low to mid 30's at lowest. Stove sits on elevated brick hearth nestled in a "three sided corner" of the great room (very open floor plan). Chimney is brick (just large enough for the eight inch stainless liner...which is insulated... to fit in. Stove pipe from stove to chimner is double wall (8 inch) with about a 32 inch rise with two 45 degree elbows fitting into the chimney. The wood I burn is 95% oak (red and white) some hickory and and rarely maple (last year, the wood had been seasoned one year in the open, this year, my wood will have been seasoned for two years in the open). During burning time, I can touch the double wall stove pipe and keep my hand on it comfortably for as long as I want. During my burns, I would start at full thermostat and obtain cat temp. Eventually I would gradually lower the thermostat to the lower portion of the #2 on the dial (which is labled as "Normal") and that is where I would leave it, even during the night. If there is any other info I can provide to let me know. I plan on putting it to the max capacity as soon as it gets cold enough and I will post what I find.

I will sure give Blaze King one thing. I looked at the manual for the 1107 on their website a few minutes ago. They give the most complete and concise instructions for operating that stove of any company in the business.

Chesley said:
Todd,
The person you referring to is me, I think. I bought the Blaze King last year and began burning with it in February. Living here in southern NC, we were getting near the end of the burning season, so I never got to the point of actually loading the stove to it's max capacity, and cannot confirm the 40 burn. I can confirm that with a half load, the house was toasty (75 degrees) twenty-four hours later with plenty of hot coals in the bottom of the stove, enought so, all I had to do was stir them up and put in some smaller splits and it would take off. Last week it got down to the mid 30's for a couple of days, and had my first and only fire this year. So far, based upon last years performance, I am still highly pleased with my BK 1107.
Edit: After reading a related post regarding the effeciency and burn time of the BK1107 I thought I would add a little more info. Outside temps were low to mid 30's at lowest. Stove sits on elevated brick hearth nestled in a "three sided corner" of the great room (very open floor plan). Chimney is brick (just large enough for the eight inch stainless liner...which is insulated... to fit in. Stove pipe from stove to chimner is double wall (8 inch) with about a 32 inch rise with two 45 degree elbows fitting into the chimney. The wood I burn is 95% oak (red and white) some hickory and and rarely maple (last year, the wood had been seasoned one year in the open, this year, my wood will have been seasoned for two years in the open). During burning time, I can touch the double wall stove pipe and keep my hand on it comfortably for as long as I want. During my burns, I would start at full thermostat and obtain cat temp. Eventually I would gradually lower the thermostat to the lower portion of the #2 on the dial (which is labled as "Normal") and that is where I would leave it, even during the night. If there is any other info I can provide to let me know. I plan on putting it to the max capacity as soon as it gets cold enough and I will post what I find.

Thanks for the update and report ..... thats what were looking for.

I am not at all surprised that a massive firebox coupled with catalyst could achieve incredibly long heat output. These stoves sound like they approach 2X the volume of my Woodstock stove. I regularly get 10-12 hours loosely filling that one, and get about 14-16 hours in the 350+ range when I really fill it well and drop the burn rate to hold around 400 or so when I leave. Of course as others note, that assumes that you are just maintaining temperatures vs. bringing a house up to temperature, and that it's not a terribly frigid day, but that does the job for me in the Hudson Valley much of the winter.

A catalyst is always going to enable the longest burn times for those that learn how to use them correctly, and as we all know, a big firebox = big burn times. Looks like this Blaze King is the best of both worlds. 40 hours may be a little bit of a stretch, but I could easily be convinced of 30.

-Colin

Well I call a dealerthat sells Blaze King .........

They said yeah , yes , yeah , o' yeah and for sure to all the claims of burn time , emissions and efficiency .

"No problem" to 36 hour burn times of hard wood and said 47 burn time do happen .

So i dropped the bomb and said i will buy 1 ( $3350.00 - WOW ) if they can guarantee only 30 hour burn time with hard wood of Oak and Hickory
Well now it was a different story once i asked for a 30 hour guarantee of only 30 of there 47 hour claim. Then it was more like , hum , well , a , you know , a , yada - yada , bla - bla ....

I said $3350. is a lot of money for a steel stove that is with out any "bling" and you cant guarantee 30 hour efficient burn times .

I said the Earth stoves with the 4 cf fire box were sold for $300-$500. so $3000. for a cat combuster is a lot of money ........ Then he went into "car salesman mode" and started talking about everything else but what i wanted to know.

Poor sales man ? lack of knowledge ? untrue claims ? Dont know but thats what i got.

I have seen about 4 Blaze king stoves massive fire boxes. The owners bragg about the heat output and long burn times.
They also run very clean . Another cat stove, where the secondary air is automatically controled, resulting in an incrediably
long clean burn times. and great effecienccy

elkimmeg said:
I have seen about 4 Blaze king stoves massive fire boxes. The owners bragg about the heat output and long burn times.
They also run very clean . Another cat stove, where the secondary air is automatically controled, resulting in an incrediably
So how is it a top of the line soapstove stove with a 3.0 cf fire box and a cat combuster only gets 10-12 burn and with 1 more cf of steel stove you can get 40 hour burn ??

Sounds like there is a stove out in left feild.

I find it hard to believe the 40 hour burn time. But 82.5 % effeciency? for a wood stove.
Again there is more going on than just the cat, that automatic secondary air adjustment in the cat combustion chamber.
Same technology used in the Cat Defiant called termoatically controled secondary air. Even Vc dropped the non cat Intrepid because it did not have the burn time or output without the cat and secondary air control. At 82.5% that is a finely tuned stove about as good as it gets and under 2 grms per hour in that size fire box?.

Well i just ran the #'s on the Blaze King and at stated the stove will put out 7200 but per hour at the 40 hour burn time so.....................
@ the BTU's of oak at 90 lbs of wood = 48% Efficiency.
so with that we know its not getting any where near 2. g/ph of emissions.
And that is assuming that the 7200 btu;s an hour is true and not fudged.

Roospike said:
elkimmeg said:
So how is it a top of the line soapstove stove with a 3.0 cf fire box and a cat combuster only gets 10-12 burn and with 1 more cf of steel stove you can get 40 hour burn ??

Sounds like there is a stove out in left feild.

If your talking about the Fireview, it has a 2.1 cu ft firebox, and if you talk about burn time down to the last coal I believe I can say 20 hrs, maybe. But I don't consider that a real burn time. Some manufactures do.

Status
Not open for further replies.