Calling on Alaska Member(s) for Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings hearth friends from the far north! I have a request for help. I will be making a visit to your great state soon (very soon), and I will be renting a motorhome and camping. I love to have campfires when I camp, but obviously, American Airlines won't let me bring firewood. I've purchased crappy campfire wood from roadside stands enough times to know that most of them are to be avoided. I know that if you're here on this forum, you know the value of good firewood. If you are in Anchorage, or on the way between Anchorage and Denali, and you would be willing to sell me some decent wood for my campfires, I'd LOVE to hear from you!

Is there PM feature here? If so, please message me.

I will need to set something up this week, because our travel plans are imminent.

Many Thanks!

I'd have to go out on a limb and say you probably won't have a hard time finding dead trees and branches to use for campfires while you're there unless you're going into the tundra regions.

You certainly won't need a campfire for light at night . . .

As others have said, you should be able to find plenty of brush, branches and blow downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.