Camera recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way- you see a bit of eye-shine here, but the redeye mode was not set. This was about the 5th shot I took- just put in the batteries and started shooting.

538348_3228129943962_1287984025_32420384_718104859_n.jpg

I took a look at that camera, chatted with a rep at BH photo, and ordered it...

I've been thinking for quite some time about getting a smaller, more convenient camera for when I don't need or want to haul my SLR around. Spent some time this morning on the B&H site comparing point & shoot cameras, and was so taken by this Fuji you bought that I ordered one for myself. :eek:

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Hey AP...I got an email this morning confirming that my order was shipped, with a UPS tracking number (as usual). Just now I went to B&H site to check a couple things about the camera, and it's now listed as discontinued by the manufacturer & no longer available. You and I must have gotten like the last two they're gonna sell. Now they show a "similar" camera...the HS25EXR for $50 more. Interesting. Rick

When I bought our Sony it was listed as "discontinued" by some sites. Really it was just an extened back-order. Wife and I wound up on a field trip in order to find one before the baby arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.