Camp Fire using wood pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They sound pretty good. But I never did see or hear of them.

A reusable log. Neat if you have alot of campfires and don't want to bring wood in.

jay

interesting idea

I bought these logs about a year ago and was excited about them when I saw them on Bill green's maine tv show. When they arrived my wife laughed at me for spending that much money on such a small box. There were three logs in the box and they fit inside each other. I was a little skeptical and a little pissed when i got them so I threw them in the corner of the garage and forgot about them. This past summer here in maine was a very rainy one and campfire wood was usually wet so I gave the logs a try on a camping trip. They gave me a little surprise, after they got going the fire was pretty good. The marshmallows got roasted and we had a fire that lasted pretty well. The only complaint is that three logs really are not enough, You should get 6 so you can get three burning and have full logs ready swap out as the logs burn down. They are a little hard to fill with pellets due to their small size, I ended up filling them by hand and still spilled quite a few on the ground. I brought 2 bags of pellets and had fire for three nights. I guess I would give them a passing grade for use as an alternative to a wood campfire.

Wouldn't it be easier to use those things bio bricks or liberty ones. I have used them for a small camp fire.

Sinbad said:
Wouldn't it be easier to use those things bio bricks or liberty ones. I have used them for a small camp fire.

Perhaps, but if you're a genuine pellet pig, you always have pellets on hand, otherwise you need to buy the bio bricks!

Status
Not open for further replies.