Camp Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webby3650

Master of Fire
Sep 2, 2008
Indiana
I made my own woodstove for camping, primarily in my tipi. I used a side box for a large charcoal grill. It has worked like a charm so far. I have been able to sustain 500 degree temps very easily. We get tired of smoke in our faces when we go camping in the tipi. Couldn't see paying $300 and up. Thought you might want to see what keeps me going when it warms up outside!

Attachments

• IMG_1712.JPG
    IMG_1712.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_1720.JPG
    IMG_1720.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 415
Not a bad deal at all... excellent!

Thanks Guys, It draws very well even with the door open, I wasn't sure if it would with a 4" pipe. Now that I know it works well I will get a stainless stack for it.

Cool Idea, does the door seal and allow you to control the air?

It's almost as big a fire box as my Morso.

Happy Spring

Garett

I ahve one of these Alaskan Guide stoves from cabelas...The middle sized one. I love it for my outfitter tent. The past two years I line it with firebrick. IT made a huge difference!

G-rott said:
Cool Idea, does the door seal and allow you to control the air?

It's almost as big a fire box as my Morso.

Happy Spring

Garett
Well, I bought flat gasket material and a latch for that very reason, But upon firing the stove I decided ,it is what it is, a camp stove. I doesn't smoke out the door and I can get 3-4 hour burns out of it. Good enough for me! It works better than I could have ever imagined!

Adirondackwoodburner said:
I ahve one of these Alaskan Guide stoves from cabelas...The middle sized one. I love it for my outfitter tent. The past two years I line it with firebrick. IT made a huge difference!

My buddy got the one from Cabelas too. Works great...

Status
Not open for further replies.