Can Anybody ID this Heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Righteous

May 20, 2014
Birmingham Alabama
Hello. First time posting so hope mistakes are few. I do this from a phone also.
I picked up this old wood burning stove and was hoping somebody could ID it with a name.
I'm trying to figure out how all the inside parts go. Any help would be great. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 222
Looks like another Jotul 118 knockoff. You could look at the parts diagram for the 118 on this site. Look up Jotul 118:
http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/68/catalogs/Wood-and-Coal-Stove-Manufacturers-Cross-Reference.html

The side burn plates on the Jotul hang on the cleats that protrude from the upper inside wall. Then the arched baffle sits on the top edge of the side burn plates. Is this what you are asking about? Post of photo of the parts in question for verification.

PS: Look for an ID tag on the stove. We recently had a similar question and it turned out to be a Warmglow.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/need-help-identifying-these-stoves.127953/

Great, that helps. The two plates on the right are the side burn plates. They go in first. Those three holes should have corresponding cleats (pegs) on the interior left and right sides. Install so that the top ledge is pointing inward. The right side piece is the baffle. I'm not sure how that fits in, but a guess would be that the blackened side is the bottom and the lipped edge is the back side. It sits on the ledge created by the burn plates. See how it fits.

Great, this info should help. I'll try it tomorrow and see how it all fits.
Also. This was left outside and rusted up. I was planning on going over it with my wire brush on the air grinder. Would this be ok?
Also what do I need to put on it once I get the rust off? Sorry if I ask to many questions.

Sure, go for it. Wear gloves, goggles and an dust mask. The stove should be painted with a proper high-temp paint afterward. Vacuum off all dust, then wipe it down with acetone, alcohol or lacquer thinner before painting. Forest Paint's Stove Brite paint or Thurmolox's stove paint are good brands to use.

Beginning to clean it up today and it's coming along nicely. I did find a name on it and it's a Majestic. Went to there website but didn't see it there. I'll research more later. Back to the cleaning.

Have it all sanded down and blown and then wiped off with acetone. Have it painted and it's looking nice. Waiting on my wife to get home to try and get it moved inside now. If she has trouble with it I might try and help her. ;)
Pics to come of finished product.

Turn the phone the other way when you take'em.

Reactions: Dune
Good job. That heater looks really nice.

Cleaned up nicely! What paint did you use? Looks glossy but probably the lighting.

Turning the phone had no bearing on this. This site turns them that way.

Been through this a few hundred times here. Turn it. It works. >> How do you think I knew right off that the pic was from a phone?

Vertical phone shots seem to have this issue. Turn the phone so that it is taking a horizontal shot and it should work ok.

Vertical phone shots seem to have this issue. Turn the phone so that it is taking a horizontal shot and it should work ok.
All the shots were took with the phone in a horizontal position. Could it be you knew i was on a phone because
I told y'all right off the bat I used a phone. Hmmmmmmm
Explain why the shots in the other post were correct when they were took same way. Hmmmmmm
Maybe this website is outdated and can't handle the higher pics a phone puts out. Hmmmmmm
Maybe it ain't the end of the world either way hmmmmm

All the shots were took with the phone in a horizontal position. Could it be you knew i was on a phone because
I told y'all right off the bat I used a phone. Hmmmmmmm
Explain why the shots in the other post were correct when they were took same way. Hmmmmmm
Maybe this website is outdated and can't handle the higher pics a phone puts out. Hmmmmmm
Maybe it ain't the end of the world either way hmmmmm
Hmmmmmm. :rolleyes:
If its such a retched site, why share it on here? I was really interested in the stove until I saw your response to some very helpful information.

I was interested in this site as well till somebody thinks they know it all and refuses to listen to anything but there own opinion. Delete this post, I don't care either way.

I was interested in this site as well till somebody thinks they know it all and refuses to listen to anything but there own opinion. Delete this post, I don't care either way.
I didn't see that happen, maybe I've missed something.
This is a website full of people with their own opinion and each one is valuable in its own way. Just take it for what it is and move on, there are plenty of other people with encouraging comments.

Don't let the door...

Elvis has left the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.