Can anyone help calculate Duravent offset pipes and parts needed for Englander nc30?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freddy4play

Feb 18, 2013
I am absolutely stuck on this problem. I can not figure out what parts and pipe I need to get from the ceiling of my ranch home to my Englander NC30.
The offset is 8 inches front to back.
The distance from the stove collar to stove pipe adapter coming out of the ceiling is 53 inches. I would like the offset to be as close to the stove as possible, but i guess they dont recommend an elbow directly connected to the stove.

http://www.menards.com/main/store/2...rod_Tech_Spec/combinedBuyersGuidetechdata.pdf
(so on page two of this brochure, it would be from the stove pipe adapter (which is part 12) to the wood burning stove.)

I cant figure out if I need a 2 15 inch elbows. 2 30 inch elbows or 2 45 inch elbows and what length of pipe I need. Basically step 4 on the first page of that brochure. I have been working on this for two days and probably wasted $150 in parts. Anyone who could give me exact part numbers and order from menards would seriously be the coolest person in the world. :D All the part numbers are listed in the brochure and begin with 637 on page two. 6 inch pipe on my englander. Also, I am having a hard time getting any part on the Englander stove since it is 6 1/8th inches. Do I just not have the right part or do I have to get some sort of reducer?

1000723_10153395432190523_2079706_n.jpg

1375830_10153395432440523_1102354826_n.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like all you'd need is a couple 15 degree elbows and an adjustable length of pipe... Gimme a minute...

It looks like you will need a 6" piece between a pair of 45s to get about an 8" offset.
Capture.JPG

Reactions: NVHunter
It isnt that. The distance is only 53 inches between the stove and the piece on top. That is only 4 ft 5 inches. Throw in the two angled pipes and the pipe will be much shorter.

So the offset is eight inches from the center line of the flue collar on the stove to the center line of the pipe in the ceiling?

In my case, a pair of 45° elbows mated directly together gave me the offset I needed. A short section of pipe between the elbows would accommodate a larger offset. Rick

shopflue.jpg

Per the trigonometry you'll need 31 inches @ 15 degrees to get an offset of 8 inches. It's possible... Seems like a piece of adjustable length pipe between the two elbows would give you the offset. Come off the ceiling with one of them... put the other on the adjustable length and get your offset. Then get you a piece of pipe to connect the bottom elbow to the stove.

But ugly? Oh my... 45 degrees would be 11 inches...

Sounds like one 36" piece of pipe and a slip connector pipe would get it done with the 45's.

To add, I failed trig in high school. But got an A in Tin Snips.

Take a look at the chart. It looks like you just need a short section between a pair of 45s to achieve an 8" offset. Put together a pair of opposing 45s with a 6" piece between the 45s and measure. I think you will find it to be 8". This is what we have on our stove, but with DVL double-wall pipe.

45_flue_offest_web.jpg

Last edited:
I'd get two 45 degree elbows, a piece of pipe at least a foot long, and a pair of tin snips. Wear gloves... You'll then need the 24 inch "fixed length, and the adjustable length and you'll be making heat.

I would like the offset to be as close to the stove as possible. Is this the best/only way to accomplish a close distance offset to the stove.

Going to lose some head clearance for using your cooktop... but you can stick a 45 degree elbow in the connect on the stove, and offset it right there. I'm trying to picture it... But you're not restricted in any way where you put the offset so long as you've got the clearance from combustibles.

Don't get too frustrated with this stuff. It's all part of the journey brother. :) You'll get it.

With two 45s hooked directly to each other, I am about 1.75 inches from the chimney being at a 90 degree angle. How do I get that extra 1.75 inches over?

Also, I got the 45s, I got the 24 inch fixed pipe length. What are the other parts (with part numbers please :D ) to connect everything? I am really having a hard time finding something to connect to the Englander stove. The parts just dont seem to fit.

Move the stove?

Cant move the stove. Exactly sixteen inches left on the mantle , which is needed for the fire rating. Also cant move the pipe up above due to trusses. It has been a complete nightmare to put in.

I ran into the same issue with our hearth (see offset picture above). But fortunately our hearth is somewhat oversized and that gave me some wiggle room.

Your pipe layout is identical to what mine is going to look like only the elbows will go the other way towards the wall. What was the total pieces you used to get it done?

2 45 degree elbows, a 6" pipe in between them, and a 30" pipe below?

Used a telescoping from menards or lowes and two 45s hooked together is all.
http://shop.menards.com/main/heatin...vent-6-telescopic-length/p-1936080-c-6890.htm

Get the telescoping piece to allow for easy cleaning. You will basically only have to take out three screws holding the pipe in place on the top and bottom of the telescoping piece, slide the pipe down and be able to clean it yourself vs paying $200 for someone else to do it. 20-30 minutes work to save a couple hundred.

Status
Not open for further replies.