Can anyone help me determine the value of my Godin stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

Mar 22, 2007
I was just wondering if anyone could help me determine the value of my Grande Godin Round #3731 and my Petite Godan #3730. I've had someone recently ask me how much I want to sell them for and I really have no idea. They were given to me as a housewarming gift and are very unique attractive stoves but I really would like to sell them. The petite Godan has never even been used and is in excellent shape. The larger stove was used occasionally to burn coal and wood. I have been searching the internet for their value and have only located two (one of which was for sale in France). Even new they seem hard to locate. I found one dealer in Canada. Any info. any-one may have would be most appreciated. I'm in the process of taking some pictures of them and can post them soon. Thanks!

Pictures would help. I'm trying to think what I've seen them go for on ebay as of late. I don't see a lot of them for sale, so its hard to ballpark a figure.

Where are you located? You'd be surprised the effect that has on the price you might get for them. Also, if you're close to here you never know, I might have to take one off your hands.

My first stove was the large round Godin; it came with the house when we bought it in 1989. It was a very good stove. I hope that you can get an accurate price to sell yours for-they are good heaters, but don't have a "window" to look at the fire; it only has that little piece of Mica on the bottom. But they really throw nice heat-good luck!

The best place to sell them would be the northeast part of the US where hard coal is available. They are very decent coal stoves, and also nice looking. My guess at a value based on your input would be:

New unit: $750.00
Used unit: $600.00

If I were looking for a coal burner, these would be on my list. Try listing them on our free classifieds area.

I'd love to see pictures. Depending on your location, I may be interested too...

Thanks for everyones replies regarding my godin stoves. I found only a few classifieds over the last few days and it seems Craig's price estimate is about right. I'm still getting pictures ready and will definately post them soon. Also, I'm located in northwest NJ about 10 min. from the Del. Water Gap so hopefully that's a plus .

Do these Petit Godin stoves do a good job of burning wood, in addition to coal? I just came across one for 125.00.
I'm going to check out the condition tonight, but it seems like an amazing price for such a neat looking little stove. I would likely display it as a "show piece" for 2007/2008, until I had the $ to pay for a professional installation and inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.