can anyone id this wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will add that regardless of what type of wood it is, it will be OK to burn in your fireplace or stove as long as it is seasoned. Split it, stack it until next year, then burn. Some wood is more dense and therefore burns longer and contains more BTUs, but any wood will burn safely as long as it is seasoned. On the other hand, no wood is ideal to burn if it is not seasoned. You can burn unseasoned wood, but it will be harder to light, smokier, produce more cresote in the chimney, and a lot of the heat in the wood will go toward boiling out the water from the wood.

All, thanks so much for the feedback. Any other takers on pic #3 in the second set of photos? We have one guess so far of poplar. Thanks!

I guess after some study of photo, I would venture a guess of Balsam Poplar.

pic #3 looks like poplar to me........

Hey, I'm a poet and didn't know it!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.