Can Anyone Identify This Baseboard?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
This is what is in my house. About 10 years old. I've looked long and hard and no luck.
Fins are 2" by 2.5" and there are 66 per foot.

IMGP3431.JPG

Looks like standard hydronic finned baseboard.Very common. If you are looking for a brand probably slantfinn. If you need more of this stuff homedepot ,lowes or your hometown plumbing supply. Looks like the short/small version i use in bedrooms and 2nd floors. The taller hi-output version i use on the first floor.

I've looked at the details of many brands, but have not yet found a match.
I find it strange that there's absolutely no identification on it.
I'd like to know what is there.

Heatrim and Haydon are the 2 brands in my plumbing supply book. Most of it usually look pretty much the same. Price keeps going up ,last i checked about $6 FOOT
Cast iron is nicer but about $30 a foot.

I found the first one so far that has the plastic rails on the fins, by Embassy Industries, Panel-Track. Still not sure if it's the same though.

Why do you need to know?

That is a low trim residential baseboard by Argo, I believe they have been bought out by Mestek.
I had checked Argo. They have a line called low trim II which has a different fin style (connected?), and no plastic rails. Are you saying it might be the earlier version of Low Trim?

Why do you need to know?

I'd like to know the heat output cabability and see how it compares with a high output type like the Smith Environmental Heating Edge for better low temp performance.

I guess I could just figure it's something like 550 BTU/hr/ft, but I'd really like to know. Plus, it kind of bugs me.

I'd like to know the heat output cabability and see how it compares with a high output type like the Smith Environmental Heating Edge for better low temp performance.

I guess I could just figure it's something like 550 BTU/hr/ft, but I'd really like to know. Plus, it kind of bugs me.

Velvetfoot, i have output info on that fin-tube, what is the best way to get it to you? As i said before they were bought out, so the design might have changed.

That was it! Much thanks to REFire. It is indeed an earlier version of the Argo Low Trim. It give 560 btu/hr/ft. That compares with the Heating Edge of 911 btu/hr/ft. Big difference.

Yes. It is a huge difference. The Heating Edge puts out the same at 140 as the Low Trim does at 180.

Looking closer at the brochure, at 180F, the Heating Edge puts out 911 when connected in parallel mode, and it has to operated at 1.5 gph. When top supply and bottom return hookup is used, at 1 gph, it puts out 647, which is not as impressive. I've seen other one pipe systems that put out 800 btu/hr/ft at 180F.

This is an Argo old style Lo Trim Heater. The Argo company sold out to Mesertek in Massachusetts about 4 or 5 years ago and the new owners discontinued this line and called the new Argo heater the Lo Trim 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.