Can anyone recommend a good liner install company in Ohio?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prosecond

Nov 28, 2010
Southern Ohio
Actually I would like to install my liner myself but would like to find an expert to come look at my chimney. I have removed my clay tiles and have some concerns about an offset and distance to combustables. Can anyone recommed someone near Lancaster Ohio?

Not saying that you can't get good advice this way, but just remember to take what advice you get with a grain of salt. One person's good experience does not equate to all. Many people like to justify their decision of going with a particular company by over proclaiming how good they are. Others go the opposite direction with their reviews.

What are you looking to do? Hook to an insert? A freestander? Have an open fireplace?

My recommendation is talk to a local stove shop / place some calls from the yellow pages and meet some of these folks. Then, with a FREE quote after meeting them and sizing them up / checking out insurance certificates and such, give one a try. Only problem is this may be hard to do in a timely manner this time of year as it is getting into the busy season for sweeps / installers.

Depending on what you have to work with and what you are doing, these typically aren't that hard to do. Especially if you can post some pics on here. There are many knowledgeable people around who can help you get it done safely.

Good luck,

pen

Thanks for helping me clarify what I am looking for. I am hoping someone could recommed a professional chimney sweep that I could pay to look at my chimney. I am sure I could just call someone but I was thinking I would ask here if anyone had used anyone local to me.

Prosecond said:
Thanks for helping me clarify what I am looking for. I am hoping someone could recommed a professional chimney sweep that I could pay to look at my chimney. I am sure I could just call someone but I was thinking I would ask here if anyone had used anyone local to me.

Go Here http://www.csia.org/default.aspx?tabid=174 that's the Chimney Sweep association and type in your zip. It'll show up who in your area are certified. The accreditation for this is pretty thorough and they have a code of ethical conduct so for the most part you should be covered if you call one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.