1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Can anyone recommend a pellet stove service technician in southern Connecticut?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by latichever, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. latichever

latichever Member

They will remain nameless but I'm very unhappy with the dealer who sold and installed my stove.

I called them for service. After waiting a month, they sent a tech who didn't even know how to turn on my stove. My stove is still not working, and they are being unresponsive about following up.

I have a Breckwell stove and was wondering if anyone can recommend someone who will provide service in the New Haven area.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pjmcs10

pjmcs10 New Member

Loc:
    Cromwell, CT
    I recently had Fireside Supply of hebron, CT install my stove in the middletown area. They were very professional. You can give them a call and see if they would be able to help you.
  3. UncleAnthony

UncleAnthony Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    latichever,
    I could have written same post ! (just change stove mfg ) .
    Good place I found for service is local free newspaper service listings. Try there.
    Also, you definitely want to repost on this site stating your model and exact problem. I have found the technical expertise on this site astounding !
  4. richkorn

richkorn Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE CT
    you might try getting your hands on the service manual first and see if you can pin point the problem yourself - It will save money for sure.

Dave Gault sent me the one for my Lopi, maybe someone on here has one for the Breckwell. Do a post with that in the Heading.
  5. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    There is me (see sig below) and Glenn from Preferred Pellet Services 203-577-2409

ahhh. ahah. You already called me today, sorry, great speaking with you. I hope you get it sorted out.
  6. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
  7. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Also a great resource. I wonder how many are independent though? I know lots of NFI guys but they work for other shops and are tied to specific brands and/or work for a shop. There aren't a lot of shops willing to work on any brand.
  8. geek

geek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central CT
    whomever you get try to be away from "that" guy in Naugatuck......what a ..... :mad:

I don't want to mention names.....do you want to "feel the heat" ?

9. kilbury

kilbury Balls of fire

Loc:
    Southern Tier, New York
    If it was a little closer to bike week in Laconia I would swing your way. lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.