Can Anyone Recommend a Plastic Sled?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a Pelican from Canadian Tire a few years ago - pretty tough sleds. Toss some big splits into it when its 20 below zero and it still hasn't cracked anywhere. They sell a ton of them, often see a skid of these that get cleared out for @ half price when the Spring merchandise starts showing up.

Reactions: velvetfoot
I ordered a medium size black Jet Sled from Dick's Sporting Goods for $49.99. None of their local stores had them. Free shipping on orders >$49.

I went to HD and picked up a large cement mixing tub, I put a rope on it and it acts just like a sled and durable I've used it all winter and left it outside, it just like new for 12'dollars

I picked up a Shappell. They have a line that's heavier duty than the one I got, but this seems OK.
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.