Can anyone tell me where the fuse is located on a whitfield advantage II stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tec6422

Mar 3, 2010
Fallston, Maryland
My convection fan was not working so I took the wires off the little module which the fan is connected to. Then touched the pins with 2 wires from a battery charger... saw smoke... Now nothing will start when plugged. Any advice? Steve

Fuse is at bottom underside of control board...easiest to see and get at by removing two screws that mount it to stove.

Use required safety practices by unplugging the electrical cord.

A cheap volt meter costs a lot less than a new control board.

tec6422 said:
My convection fan was not working so I took the wires off the little module which the fan is connected to. Then touched the pins with 2 wires from a battery charger... saw smoke... Now nothing will start when plugged. Any advice? Steve

hope you didn't fry the board, its spendy
stoves serial #?

Doesn't sound good. It may have been a pricey mishap. Hope the story ends on a higher note for you!

Keep us posted.

Not good when you let the smoke out.

Wood Heat Stoves said:
tec6422 said:

stoves serial #?

The serial WH19795

Stoll can not find fuse
Any idea?
Steve

master of smoke said:
Fuse is at bottom underside of control board...easiest to see and get at by removing two screws that mount it to stove.

Use required safety practices by unplugging the electrical cord.

A cheap volt meter costs a lot less than a new control board.

Can not find fuse, can u be more specific> Thanks Steve

Open the RH side panel of the stove.

With the stove unpluged, look under the lower edge of the control board.

The fuse should reside in a little holder in that general vicinity.

Snowy

Snowy Rivers said:

Snowy

Thanks Snowey. Still can not find it. Is there a manual I can download somewhere that will give me the specifics> Thanks,, Steve

tec6422 said:
Wood Heat Stoves said:
tec6422 said:

stoves serial #?

The serial WH19795

Stoll can not find fuse
Any idea?
Steve

The serial number is 199001031001

Snowy Rivers said:

Snowy

Mine is a 1990 model There is no fuse where you described. Any other ideas??

When the magic blue smoke escaped it took the fuse with it.

With the stove unplugged, start looking for a fuse holder by tracing the power lines where they enter the stove, eventually you'll find it.

tec6422 said:
Snowy Rivers said:

Snowy

Mine is a 1990 model There is no fuse where you described. Any other ideas??

Well, that Year and that Serial Number (WH19795), had a Current Sensing Relay and as far as I can determine no fuse.

There was a wiring mod. to eliminate the CSR and it has been discussed in earlier thread here. Try "Searching" CSR...or maybe Current Sensing Relay.

PM me your email and I'll email you the Owners Manual and Service Manual.

Note:

Serial Number: 19,912 - 31,037 - Had 3.5 Amp Fuse @ terminal block between #1 and #8, in a black plastic fuse holder.

All after Serial Number: 31,038 w/ SSAC Board have 6 Amp Fuse @ lower bottom edge of Control Board.

My stove is a 1990 model advantage 2. I can not get any power to it. Does anyone know where or if there is a fuse for this guy, and directions in bypassing the CSR (Current sensing relay) Thanks to all for all their help.
Steve

if this is the old black and silver face board with the red buttons, there is no fuse...you may be SOL. I know not about bypassing the CSR. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.