can anyone use a bunch of pine?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevebass4

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Franklin MA
a friend of a friend came today and took down a huge (and i mean huge) pine tree in my yard

not too sure if anyone can use this wood BUT i have tons of it already on the ground - you can leave the brush

location is norfolk ma

other than folks taking it - how else could i get rid of this thing

Stevebass4 said:
a friend of a friend came today and took down a huge (and i mean huge) pine tree in my yard

not too sure if anyone can use this wood BUT i have tons of it already on the ground - you can leave the brush

location is norfolk ma

other than folks taking it - how else could i get rid of this thing

Got any pictures of this tree???

I would say "rent a good sized chipper" stuff everything you can through the chipper and then find a 'local sawyer' that does rough cut lumber...I'm sure you can find one close by. A lot of theese guys "take donations".

Don't wait too long though, this time of year a pine log "gets worms" fast...before not to long it will be junk...if it isn't already. ;)

Steve Gregg staHl has a timber to lumber machine you want a wood shed well use the pine for boards. save money get some of the materials and get rid if your problem

He even has equipment to pick it up of sell him the pine give it to him do what ever you want do not cut it up to rounds yet it is way mor valuable in log length

In addition to / instead of Craigs List, you can also try listing it on "Freecycle" - you can't charge for something on that list, but if you are just after getting it out of your yard, it may work faster than Craig's List.

However I would second Elk's comment that it might be worth more as boards, and you should check with any local sawmill type folks to see if they are interested.

Gooserider

great thanks elk!! here are a few pictures the longest straight part is about 3.5 feet in diamater and 16.5 feet long the other parts are not as straight

Attachments

• wood pile 003 (Small).jpg
    wood pile 003 (Small).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 264
  • wood pile 004 (Small).jpg
    wood pile 004 (Small).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 255
  • wood pile 005 (Small).jpg
    wood pile 005 (Small).jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 255
Elk is gregg a member here? and sorry for the bad pics as these came off my phone i can post better ones monday

i did find a saw mill in Bellingham

No greg is not a member but lives of pine st near the Norfolk town line Look his # up in your local phone book or If you can't find it PM me and I will send it to you

He can tell you what is usable for lumber making

great thanks again Elk!

Status
Not open for further replies.