Can hazy glass be reconditioned?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyld Bill

Feb 5, 2011
Maine
THis is for that same 1980's Encore I've been talking about restoring. i was just wondering if the old stained porous glass can be cleaned up. I'm thinking start with somthing course like scotchbrite then work towards polishing compound. The glass was $80 each the last time I checked.

from what I know, I believe the glass is more like a clear ceramic, I could be wrong though.
try a razor blade, majic ereaser or stove glass cleaner

It is not glass. It IS a clear ceramic. You would be better IMHO to just replace it rather than spend the time to recondition it.

Shawn

I tried "Bar keepers friend" which is a powdered ceramic cleaner. My glass top electric stove maufacturer recommemded it to clean the glass. My Regency glass was cloudy and would not come completly clean. It took alot of scrubbing but it did work. I touch it up every now and then. No problems.

Norm said:
I tried "Bar keepers friend" which is a powdered ceramic cleaner. My glass top electric stove maufacturer recommemded it to clean the glass. My Regency glass was cloudy and would not come completly clean. It took alot of scrubbing but it did work. I touch it up every now and then. No problems.
Thank you very much. Where do you get it?

Ive seen it at walmart Bill, maybe dollar stores even.

Status
Not open for further replies.