can I ad an ignitor to my Waterford Emerald?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pro5oh

Aug 19, 2008
downeast Maine
Hello folks, just switched out my woodstove for my pellet stove because my wood is still wet after 6 months. My question is my circuit board has the capability of connecting an ignitor, but I dont see a place for it on the stove, any ideas? The stove is of great quality but has been discontinued years ago so info is limited. Thanks

Greybeard said:
Hello folks, just switched out my woodstove for my pellet stove because my wood is still wet after 6 months. My question is my circuit board has the capability of connecting an ignitor, but I dont see a place for it on the stove, any ideas? The stove is of great quality but has been discontinued years ago so info is limited. Thanks

sorry if the stove does not have the igtitor tube then you cant put an ignitor in it.
if you did it would not be worth the $300 for the kit
you can buy a Plumbers torch for $30
we light all stoves that we service that dont have ignitors with a torch for about 20 seconds
works great and stove is burning in 3 minutes.

hearthtools said:
Greybeard said:

sorry if the stove does not have the igtitor tube then you cant put an ignitor in it.
if you did it would not be worth the $300 for the kit
you can buy a Plumbers torch for $30
we light all stoves that we service that dont have ignitors with a torch for about 20 seconds
works great and stove is burning in 3 minutes.

Thats what I've been using, but the wife doesnt like it. I noticed whitfield burnpots look the same so I was wondering if I could use the whitfield burnpot w/ignitor. Oh well, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.