Can I connect Duravent to ICC Excel?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sconnie Burner

Feeling the Heat
Aug 23, 2014
Western Wi
Is it possible to connect Duravent double wall from stove to ICC through wall support? Just asking as this stove install is getting expensive and can save a little dough with the Duravent from the local hardware store.

Should be doable. Best recommendation I can give is to take the section
of your wall radiation shield that has the Flue Extension on it, to your local hardware store.
Make sure it matches up to the product they sell there. If the radiation shield is already installed,
buy one piece of Duravent, take it home & test it. If it does go get more.
If it doesn't return it & get your money back.

Should be doable. Best recommendation I can give is to take the section
of your wall radiation shield that has the Flue Extension on it, to your local hardware store.
Make sure it matches up to the product they sell there. If the radiation shield is already installed,
buy one piece of Duravent, take it home & test it. If it does go get more.
If it doesn't return it & get your money back.
Actually had some time before work this morning (start at 9 every other day) so I did just that. Bought the close clearance shield for my Ideal Steel, so thinking I can get away with a 90 doublewall elbow (bought this morning) right off the thimble. Any reason not to do it that way?

Actually had some time before work this morning (start at 9 every other day) so I did just that. Bought the close clearance shield for my Ideal Steel, so thinking I can get away with a 90 doublewall elbow (bought this morning) right off the thimble. Any reason not to do it that way?

Nope...

OK as long as the double-wall pipe stays at least 6" away from any combustibles and 9" away from the ceiling.

Well, made it out to the house and it will work out just fine. Now I can go back to the hardware store and buy a 2 ft chunk to do the burn in fires outside tomorrow during my day off! Get the paint somewhat cured before we stick it in the house! AND I'm going through burning WITHDRAWALS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.