1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

can I convert a pleasant hearth stove to outside air

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by vkambull, Nov 13, 2012.

1. vkambull

vkambull New Member

Hello, I was looking at the pleasant hearth 1800 sq. stove at lowes. I live in a mobile home and need out side air for the stove. As far as I can tell the air comes in through the top above the door. Is there anyway I can make a metal box to fit over the opening and pipe it outside for fresh air, or does the main air flow come in somewhere else, I can't find a diagram for those stoves anywhere. Thanks for any help.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    If the manufacturer says their stove is not mobile home approved that's pretty much end of story right there. I would look at a similarly specced stove instead.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    A mobile home can be heated easily with a wood stove but you must keep codes in mind before installing. There are many manufacturers out there who build stoves that will work in a mobile. Also be aware that one big problem can exist with chimney height. Most times a short 10' chimney will not work well at all and getting 15' chimney on a mobile home can be a bit testy.