can I convert a pleasant hearth stove to outside air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vkambull

Nov 13, 2012
Hello, I was looking at the pleasant hearth 1800 sq. stove at lowes. I live in a mobile home and need out side air for the stove. As far as I can tell the air comes in through the top above the door. Is there anyway I can make a metal box to fit over the opening and pipe it outside for fresh air, or does the main air flow come in somewhere else, I can't find a diagram for those stoves anywhere. Thanks for any help.

Hello, I was looking at the pleasant hearth 1800 sq. stove at lowes. I live in a mobile home and need out side air for the stove. As far as I can tell the air comes in through the top above the door. Is there anyway I can make a metal box to fit over the opening and pipe it outside for fresh air, or does the main air flow come in somewhere else, I can't find a diagram for those stoves anywhere. Thanks for any help.

If the manufacturer says their stove is not mobile home approved that's pretty much end of story right there. I would look at a similarly specced stove instead.

A mobile home can be heated easily with a wood stove but you must keep codes in mind before installing. There are many manufacturers out there who build stoves that will work in a mobile. Also be aware that one big problem can exist with chimney height. Most times a short 10' chimney will not work well at all and getting 15' chimney on a mobile home can be a bit testy.

Status
Not open for further replies.