Can I find an older Procom gas log manual?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

procomgaslog

Oct 17, 2018
Arkansas
Hi folks,
I've got what I believe to be a Procom gas log in my fireplace. It has a remote that is marked procom RG04-1T and a receiver that is marked Procom RG04-1M. I believe my remote is good but the previous owners of the house let the batteries leak into the receiver and the metal contacts on it are eaten up. The receiver connects to the gas valve with one black wire and one red wire with a molex 2 pin male plug/female plug so you can unplug the unit. I scoured the internet and I can't seem to find this receiver new or used and I would also like to download an user's manual if I could find one of those. I'm guessing the gas log system is about 5 years old. Do any of you fine folks have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the help but when you read about the item it says that the model is no longer available. I got excited earlier when I had run across the website.

Thanks very much! I'll check into that one.
I too would use sky tech however for a gas logset I would get the simple on/off remote and not the tstat one.

I too would use sky tech however for a gas logset I would get the simple on/off remote and not the tstat one.

Thanks for the advice....I'm leaning toward just getting a remote to turn on and off because it's mainly for decoration.....we don't really need the heat...but my wife thinks she needs a fire in the fireplace none the less....I'm thinking about getting a TV screen and just putting a yule log video loop on it....LOL