can I install new pellet stove here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pakrazee

Aug 15, 2008
NE PA
Hey All,

I have been doing alot of reading here, but I still have questions. I just purchased a Englander 25-PDVC. I plan on installing it Saturday, but I am confused about venting it by windows. I have include some pics, I would like to install it in the middle of the picture window, and either run the vent inside and install the wall thimble on top of the window, or would it be better to go straight out under the window and go up passed the picture window on the outside?

I am not concerned about looks, this would be a central spot in the house and would heat everything real nice. Thanks for any help!

P1030446.jpg

P1030448.jpg

you and i need to discuss this at length, im sure i can figure this install out to code, but im gonna need measurements from various places. i will be out of town however til monday, shoot me an evening phone number via PM (dont post it in here)and i'll get in touch with you when i get back in town.this is what i do, together we'll make it happen.

Thanks Mike,

I tried to send you a PM, but since I am new, it says I have to wait an hour, so I will send it then.

stoveguy2esw said:
you and i need to discuss this at length, im sure i can figure this install out to code, but im gonna need measurements from various places. i will be out of town however til monday, shoot me an evening phone number via PM (dont post it in here)and i'll get in touch with you when i get back in town.this is what i do, together we'll make it happen.

Now that's what I call service. ;-) I am impressed by the service I read about from ESW on the web knowing it is a DIY stove. You can darn well bet when I need another stove I will be looking to you in the future. Cheers!

I am going to put mine right in front of a picture window, only I don't have windows on both sides that appear to open. The work around will have to be the 2 that can open.

Status
Not open for further replies.