can i run a woodstock palladian with a 6" ss chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bum357

Dec 17, 2007
ny
looking to buy a used palladian but noticed it has a 7" flue and my chimney is a 6" SS insulated pipe. the insulated pipe is about 6 feet long (what penetrates the roof and goes above) and the single wall pipe that goes from the stove to the insulated pipe is about 10 feet long with two 45 degree elbows. i was wondering if i could use this chimney and just get a reducer from 7" to 6"? thanks
steve

Should work okay, but check with Woodstock to be sure. They are good people with answers.

i called but by the time i found the unit on ebay the factory was closed. the auction is ending in a couple of hours. i need everyones best guess so i can deceide if its worth taking the chance. its rellatively close by and if it doesn't get bid too high i would really like to pick it up. thanks again
steve

Yes, you can. In fact, Woodstock used to include the 7" to 6" reducer with every stove they sell, if I remember correctly. I believe the story goes that the stoves were originally certified with 7" flue collars and rather than go through the retest, they've simply stuck with it.

thanks guys.
the last few weeks i have been soaking up the info on this site.
it is a great resource.
it is really nice how generous everyone is with there knowledge.
steve

Ifr you are succesful on your bid, you'll be very happy with the palladian, assuming its the right size for your needs.

well
i won the auction, $1200 for a five year old stove. its more than i wanted to spend but still half price.
thanks again
steve

Status
Not open for further replies.