Can I run my stove with out the ignitor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs_moran

Dec 20, 2011
Central MA
Breckwell P4000. My ignitor is bad, or at least, I just made it bad. Can I run the stove without the ignitor? I imagine so. What do I do with the loose wires? Tape 'em up? All I have to do is get the fire going I would think...

Yes, tape the ends so they don't short out. Start the stove, put a handful of pellets in the pot, squirt starter gel or use cheap hand sanitizer and light. Or you could use a propane torch on the pellets until their burning good, then close the door.

Yes, tape the ends so they don't short out. Start the stove, put a handful of pellets in the pot, squirt starter gel or use cheap hand sanitizer and light. Or you could use a propane torch on the pellets until their burning good, then close the door.

My old Lopi stove has a bad ignitor and I light mine the same same. Fill the pot, starter gel and light. If I'm out of gel, I use a torch till they are glowing, then shut the door and let her rip.

Status
Not open for further replies.