Can I say something nice about my wood guy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff6443

Jul 29, 2008
NJ South
Newbie here . Put my stove in in June . Dutchwest west med non cat . ( I know I know .Bankrupt ,no warrenty . I have one made in 08 . It works so far
high pipe I didnt put in I sell dead fish . So I meet this tree service guy from a Nice Bar tender . he drops off 25 x 20 foot average 16 inch maple . ok maple
Ill take it . I dropped him off 10 pounds of fresh scallops . And he s getting 5 lbs of shrimp at thanksgiving and christmas . After I dropped off the scallops
he asked me I f I wanted more . I am going to make friends with this Gentleman . Thanks Al . Your a true man .You dont know me from anyone
and yet you dropped a nice pile . ( More than I expected ) so next year I good . He said call when I want more . When I finish cutting this if it ever stops raining
I will ask for another load . Great guy . Made me feel like ,,,, What a good life .

Finally! Yes!
My suppliers have always been extremely good to me.
Bad experiences usually standout more because people don't talk enough about the good.

Dumbfishguy-
Bartering is the best isn't it?! Think you already made friends with him.

Girl said:
Finally! Yes!
My suppliers have always been extremely good to me.
Bad experiences usually standout more because people don't talk enough about the good.

Dumbfishguy-
Bartering is the best isn't it?! Think you already made friends with him.

I say nice stuff about my wood guy all the time. My wood guy is me, by the way.

Hey Bigg Redd , I wanted to tell you that I think your Avatar Pic. is definitely the best on this whole site.

That is truly funny...

Rob

Dumbfishguy said:
Newbie here . Put my stove in in June . Dutchwest west med non cat . ( I know I know .Bankrupt ,no warrenty . I have one made in 08 . It works so far
high pipe I didnt put in I sell dead fish . So I meet this tree service guy from a Nice Bar tender . he drops off 25 x 20 foot average 16 inch maple . ok maple
Ill take it . I dropped him off 10 pounds of fresh scallops . And he s getting 5 lbs of shrimp at thanksgiving and christmas . After I dropped off the scallops
he asked me I f I wanted more . I am going to make friends with this Gentleman . Thanks Al . Your a true man .You dont know me from anyone
and yet you dropped a nice pile . ( More than I expected ) so next year I good . He said call when I want more . When I finish cutting this if it ever stops raining
I will ask for another load . Great guy . Made me feel like ,,,, What a good life .
I only have 3 customers and thats all i want or need so i take very good care of them!(i would like to have you as a customer for sure fish talks)

CTburns said:
Sounds like you found a great connection. My wood guy is a thief!

Hey! So is mine!! Is yours out of New Hartford? I just got 2 cords delivered last weekend. "Seasoned 12 -14 months" It was a brilliant loading job. Everything in the middle of the load looked as if it had been "seasoned" in a pool. Totally saturated. I just moved into my house this summer. The guy I bought the house from assured me that the cord and a half in back were seasoned and ready to burn. Not judging from the creasote in my chimney! So I call around(I will never buy over the phone again -hey i'm new but i learn) and find "BS" who assures me that he's been doing this for 18 years and he has seasoned hard woods. Well now i won't have anything to burn this winter because of this shiteneck. He's lucky I don't talk to the family in the Bronx anymore... :coolmad:

CTburns said:
Sounds like you found a great connection. My wood guy is a thief!

I agree, my wood guy is a thief also!

Always duping wood out back, stores his damn splitter right next to the pile, THEN has the audacity to show up about every Friday evening, drinking MY beer & 'forcing' me to toss darts all night. Can you believe this guy?

It's a tough situation, but I'll just have to deal with it until I figure a way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.