1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Can I say something nice about my wood guy

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by jeff6443, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff6443

jeff6443 New Member

Loc:
    NJ South
    Newbie here . Put my stove in in June . Dutchwest west med non cat . ( I know I know .Bankrupt ,no warrenty . I have one made in 08 . It works so far
    high pipe I didnt put in I sell dead fish . So I meet this tree service guy from a Nice Bar tender . he drops off 25 x 20 foot average 16 inch maple . ok maple
    Ill take it . I dropped him off 10 pounds of fresh scallops . And he s getting 5 lbs of shrimp at thanksgiving and christmas . After I dropped off the scallops
    he asked me I f I wanted more . I am going to make friends with this Gentleman . Thanks Al . Your a true man .You dont know me from anyone
    and yet you dropped a nice pile . ( More than I expected ) so next year I good . He said call when I want more . When I finish cutting this if it ever stops raining
    I will ask for another load . Great guy . Made me feel like ,,,, What a good life .

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rphurley

rphurley Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central/Eastern CT
    Sounds like you found a great connection. My wood guy is a thief!
  3. Girl

Girl New Member

Loc:
    Mass
    Finally! Yes!
    My suppliers have always been extremely good to me.
    Bad experiences usually standout more because people don't talk enough about the good.

Dumbfishguy-
    Bartering is the best isn't it?! Think you already made friends with him.
  4. Bigg_Redd

Bigg_Redd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shelton, WA
    I say nice stuff about my wood guy all the time. My wood guy is me, by the way.
  5. drewboy

drewboy New Member

Loc:
    Lakes Region, NH
    Hey Bigg Redd , I wanted to tell you that I think your Avatar Pic. is definitely the best on this whole site.

That is truly funny...

Rob
  6. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    I only have 3 customers and thats all i want or need so i take very good care of them!(i would like to have you as a customer for sure fish talks)
  7. shieneehead

shieneehead New Member

Loc:
    new england
    Hey! So is mine!! Is yours out of New Hartford? I just got 2 cords delivered last weekend. "Seasoned 12 -14 months" It was a brilliant loading job. Everything in the middle of the load looked as if it had been "seasoned" in a pool. Totally saturated. I just moved into my house this summer. The guy I bought the house from assured me that the cord and a half in back were seasoned and ready to burn. Not judging from the creasote in my chimney! So I call around(I will never buy over the phone again -hey i'm new but i learn) and find "BS" who assures me that he's been doing this for 18 years and he has seasoned hard woods. Well now i won't have anything to burn this winter because of this shiteneck. He's lucky I don't talk to the family in the Bronx anymore... :coolmad:
  8. fishinpa

fishinpa Member

Loc:
    SE PA
    I agree, my wood guy is a thief also!

Always duping wood out back, stores his damn splitter right next to the pile, THEN has the audacity to show up about every Friday evening, drinking MY beer & 'forcing' me to toss darts all night. Can you believe this guy?

It's a tough situation, but I'll just have to deal with it until I figure a way out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.