Can I vent into 6 inch flex liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marco nunes

Aug 9, 2013
mass
Hello everyone I'm switching out my wood stove incert for a mt Vernon Ae pellet incert,any thoughts on venting with the 6 inch flex liner.dealer sugested to reuse liner to save on install just wondering if i will run into any draft issues most pellet stoves use a 4 inch pipe, not to familliar with pellet stoves this will be my first .thanks for any feedback Marc

Issue likely not draft, but condensation of flue gases. In upper reaches of liner that large, there is some danger of excess deposits, including creosote, forming. This is a matter of much debate here. Might be best to check on insurance as well if Quad insists on 4" liner for your install. You do not want to be not covered shouls something happen.

If the install manual allows it then you should be fine. As Wilbur stated you could get some condensation. Is your current liner insulated?

Thanks for the valuable information ,the incert is on an exterior fireplace not insulated at this time.sounds like I'm better off just selling the wood incert and the liner together and just getting the 4 inch liner for the mt Vernon thanks for the quick repply MarcoMarco

Status
Not open for further replies.