Can No power Dump zone also be used for over heat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goosegunner

Minister of Fire
Oct 15, 2009
WI
Can the Automag/ fin tube setup for No power dump zone also be used for an over heat zone?

I have an econoburn 200. Manual states that overheat circuit will power a circulator during an over heat. I will eventually have 1000 gallon storage tank so I believe overheat will be less likely then. Hopefully by February I will have storage going.

Overheat options

1. Use the Auto/ fin tube to also open on overheat

2. I could run a wire through a spare conduit 130' to my attached garage and have it power a circulator in a garage forced air heater (I would need to buy the heat exchanger)

gg

I don't see why this couldn't work for you. depending on how you wire and control it.

- Would this be powered with some kind of UPS in the event of a power outage?
- Is the water already cerculating out there already in some kind of loop?
(if it is there is going to be some delay in how fast and how much this would lower your temps.)
I'm assuming that you don't have any kind of dump zone currently.

I have a Taco normally open zone valve for my no power dump zone. I put an aquastat in to open the connection to the valve when my boiler gets a little above the set temp. This way I dump heat into the garage instead of the house. If it still keeps getting hotter I have another aquastat to turn on my air handler.

Status
Not open for further replies.