Can someone ID this stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucko64

Nov 2, 2006
Hey all I was wondering could someon ID my stove it was bought used off a farmer.Works really well just like to know the make it is. It was posed once before when I replaced the old DRAGON I had THANK'S

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 2,463
Hi all; I've been reading these posts for a little while now, and when I saw that this fellow needed help I decided that it was high-time that I joined up. According to a book that I have from 1980, "The Woodburners Catalogue", what you have there my friend is "The Moravian Parlor Stove" which was made a little South of me in Lansdale, PA. by Quaker Stove Company, inc., 200 West 5th St., Lansdale, PA. 19446. Can't tell you when they went out of business, but they had some specs on the stove that you can use to "verify" it:

height: 33 1/2"
width: 29 "
depth: 20"
weight: 540 lbs. he's a biggie!
log length: 25 inches
flue size: 8"

I matched up the drawing of it in the book vs. your photo and it's dead-on; not a doubt in my mind that's it. Maybe through some searching you can find a little information on it. Good luck!

Nice job PA. and welcome!

chrisN said:
Nice job PA. and welcome!

Thank you, my friend..I've been checking these posts out here for a little while, and when I saw that stove I kind of remembered it from one of my old stove books; sure enough, that was it! I just thought "I'd sure like to know what kind of stove I had" if someone knew! Nice, informative site you have here.

PA Woodsman Nice job now im going to try and dig up some info on it. The stove is well behaved and works great.There is lot"s of info on this site thanks to all :coolsmile:

bucko64 said:
PA Woodsman Nice job now im going to try and dig up some info on it. The stove is well behaved and works great.There is lot"s of info on this site thanks to all :coolsmile:

Best of luck with your search! :)

cozy heat for my feet said:
Welcome to the forum, PA Woodsman.

Just curious - Does your book contain anything that looks like the insert in my avatar? There is a better picture at:

http://coreyonline.tripod.com/insert.jpg

I've been trying to identify this for years, but so far, no luck.

Corey

Thanks for the welcome; I'll look through my books when I get home and try to find something that looks like your insert.

Just curious - Does your book contain anything that looks like the insert in my avatar? There is a better picture at:

Corey

Corey, I looked through all of my books last night but didn't see anything like your insert. Sorry, I wish that I could've found something on it. I'm gonna ask my buddy at the local woodstove shop; maybe he can pinpoint it. He's pretty good with these things. I'll post the answer on here for you.

Corey

Corey,

I showed my buddy the picture of your insert last night; he's gonna check into it. He said that it looks like you have an ash pan on there, and that you have 4? air inlets-one on each corner. I'll let you know if he can come up with anything, okay?

PA. Woodsman (Les)

i'll tell ya what tho, that's one cool lookin stove! Glad it works well for you. Makes you think maybe someone knew what they were doin when they made these older stoves.

jpl1nh - thanks! I guess it really doesn't matter who made it...it still burns the same.

Les - the way the stove was originally designed, it would have 2 small fans in the lower holes and the two upper holes would be hot air outlets. I cut a hole in the back of the outer shroud and mounted a 12" fan, and also cut a 4x12" hole top center and mounted a brass grill over that. So now it pulls air in the back and has 5 outlets on the front.

Corey

bucko64 said:
Hey all I was wondering could someon ID my stove it was bought used off a farmer.Works really well just like to know the make it is. It was posed once before when I replaced the old DRAGON I had THANK'S

That is one neat looking stove!

John

Hi PA Woodsman,

Another favor? Could you look up any specs on my current stove? It is a Vestal step top, double cast iron doors, circa 1980's(?). I believe the model number is 2933-B or 2933-T. It has an 8" rear exit flue. The reason I need the heating specs is so I can estimate what size new stove to get to replace it. I would certainly appreciate it. I may be ordering a new stove tomorrow and I sure would like to get the right size. Thanks, Ron

RonB said:
Hi PA Woodsman,

Another favor? Could you look up any specs on my current stove? It is a Vestal step top, double cast iron doors, circa 1980's(?). I believe the model number is 2933-B or 2933-T. It has an 8" rear exit flue. The reason I need the heating specs is so I can estimate what size new stove to get to replace it. I would certainly appreciate it. I may be ordering a new stove tomorrow and I sure would like to get the right size. Thanks, Ron

Hi Ron;

I looked through my book, and unfortunately they don't have anything about Vestal. Sorry, I wish that I could've found something on it for ya. When I get a few minutes, maybe I should post the stoves listed in it that they talk about, in case someone has one of them I could tell them what they say about it. Good luck with your search for information, and good luck with your new stove!

PA. Woodsman (Les) :)

Okay, I said earlier that I'd post the stoves that are listed in "The Woodburners Catalogue" from 1980. They are:

The Free Heat Machine
Ashley
The Godin (one of these came with our house in 1989-learned about wood heat from it-great stove)
Cawley/LeMay
The Comforter Multi-fuel
Hearth Mate
Old Mill
Damsite Dynamite Wood Stoves
Garrison
Green Mountain Stove Works, Inc.
Lakewood Airtight Double Door
King
Juca Model B-3
Add-a Furnace
Thermo-Control
The Nightingale Vista
Pacific Princess
The Moravian Parlor Stove (Bucko64's stove that started this thread!)
Rais Stove/Fireplaces
Sunshine Stove Works, Inc.
Thermograte
Torrid Air
Vermont Castings Defiant and Vigilant
The Elm
Wood-Aire Fireplace
Riteway
Kickapoo Boxer

If this helps anybody or you want to know something just let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.