Can someone identify this Pellet Furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Feeling the Heat
Feb 14, 2014
South West Wisconsin
Wondered if someone would know the brand name of this furnace also if they work well or something to stay away from.

Attachments

• PelletFurn.jpg
    PelletFurn.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 169
You saw that too. Probably a misspelled Traeger? Email them back and find out.

This is a Traeger Model gbu-065.
I had a chat with the owner it's a decent stove however the control board only works on high. A fairly simple stove that doesn't have a combustion blower or much for controls. Heat levels from 1 thru 5 and a manual damper on the front.
Probably worth the asking price however it's not for me.

Sad fact is that I have half interest in a small cabin that this would be perfect in, my partner in the cabin isn't very ambitious and insists that all we need is a furnace that you simply dial up the heat and pay the bill. Wouldn't agree to a self lighting pellet stove so this would defiantly be to much work for him.

Depending on how much you use the cabin and next to non in winter as most in MN, maybe a nice freestanding gas stove. Several on CL for under $500. Was a nice Alladin for $100 with input of 30k.

Status
Not open for further replies.