Can the insulation inside the stove be replaced? Breckwell p24fs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Safooma

Dec 4, 2007
OR
I have a problem with my Breckwell P24FS where the convection fan just quits and everything else just keeps on going. I have experimented with different fixes and think the problem is heat related. I put a different convection fan in the unit and it did the same thing. I tried leaving the back off and sticking a box fan back there blowing inside the stove and this seems to work...the fan still quits sometimes, but MUCH less frequently. This got me thinking that the problem must be heat related. I noticed that the insulation inside the stove--on the back of the firebox/fuel hopper--is largely missing. My guess at this point that this may be the caise of the over heating.

My question is--Where do I get this stuff and what is it called? Will I be able to find some 'generic' stuff, or will it need to be purchased breckwell?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.