Can This Nosiy Convection Blower be Fixed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LI-Mini-Owner

Nov 22, 2007
Long Island, NY
Pix is of the noisy end of the tangential blower in my Enviro Mini. Noise is coming from what I guess is the bearing/bushing inside the rubber orange thing. I took the fan out, and it does not look like it's meant to come apart for repair. Does anyone know if this can be lubricated, or if the bearing can be replaced?

The fan is made in Italy by a company called "Trial". There web site does not have any usefu info. The enviro part number is 50-1217. I'm trying to avoid paying north of $200 for a replacement fan.

Thanks.

Attachments

• fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 558
find a aftermarket supplier for that fan, as they are very common in gas fireplace should be lots out there cheap. There's been some stuff coming from china that some store are selling for less than a $100

My M55 has a setup like yours. I was able to unscrew it so that I could pry the blower out. The bushing will dry out and needs oil. If you can get it apart and oil it you will be good to go and won't need a new blower. Sorry, can't give you more info that that, but if I were you, I'd do my best to pull the thing apart because it's crazy to spend $200 just because the thing needs some oil. When I did mine, I put 30wt motor oil in it and filled the rubber part all the way up with oil. It will hold the oil and slowly use it over time.

flynfrfun said:
......but if I were you, I'd do my best to pull the thing apart because it's crazy to spend $200 just because the thing needs some oil......

I agree....you have nothing to lose by trying to get it apart, and everything to gain.

Only thing I disagree with is the choice of oil....electrical motor bearings are designed to run with NON-DETERGENT oil (meaning NOT engine motor oil), and 30w is too thick. 20w non-detergent oil is the one to use, like 3-in-1 oil in the blue can (made specifically for electric motors).

Thanks for the tips. How about rather then removing and trying to pry apart the blower, I take a small hypodermic needle and puncture the top side of the rubber cover and inject some oil?

LI-Mini-Owner said:
Thanks for the tips. How about rather then removing and trying to pry apart the blower, I take a small hypodermic needle and puncture the top side of the rubber cover and inject some oil?

Worth a shot....just make sure to cover it up with something....small piece of aluminum foil furnace tape?

Status
Not open for further replies.