Can trees be blood brothers??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Stover

Minister of Fire
Dec 25, 2010
Southern IN
Wow now that's something you don't see everyday I wonder how old those trees are!

Pete

Maybe you will get the burn characteristics of Oak with the dry time of Maple. How wrapped up in the wires is it?

I have a Black Oak and Red Maple pair growing like that in my yard. I think it would be better to have just the oak, but so far I haven't done anything. I guess I never will.

Excellent placement of that wire... I also like that drooping branch in the background.

Pete, I don't think the trees are exceptionally old. They grow pretty fast here. It's a wooded lot but not in thick woods so the trees get pretty good light. There's a lopper at the base of the Maple to give some scale...

SolarAndWood said:
Maybe you will get the burn characteristics of Oak with the dry time of Maple. How wrapped up in the wires is it?
Yes!! :lol:
I don't plan to cut those, not now anyway. They could fall to a storm later, I guess. I got a few Maple branches this time, one of which you can see behind the Siamese twins in the pic. Most of the wood I'm getting on this scrounge is damage from a big storm back in Spring. I'll probably post some pics in a couple of days when I finish up.

Backwoods Savage said:
Excellent placement of that wire... I also like that drooping branch in the background.
Dennis, I didn't think about the composition of the picture but it did turn out interesting, now that you mention it. :) The drooping branch is on a White Oak behind the subject trees.

Trees that grow togeather can have "root grafts" Im not totally for sure but if in the same family, yes but im not sure that they will graft. Same species of trees, yes they easily graft these im not sure.

Yes i am a forester but my job is to oversee the cutting down of them and as far as the other aspects of the profession im not as up on, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.