can you add a log lift to a troybilt ls33

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking at the small truck crains should be a bolt-on.

i would want the work table that would go along with a lift,i saw on you tube that someone added one to a powerhorse 20 ton unit,(just search powerhorse log splitter and scroll down a few)why has no one done it with a troybilt? I would love to see one and copy what they did.

I got my work table from Ebay and it works great. As for the log lift, you can add one to just about any splitter. You need to have a valve that can support one and then you are good to go. Problem is that they are expensive to add, even the DIY ones.

I saw the table on ebay and it does look good.Has anyone added a truck crane to a lifter and if so which one and how and where did you mount it.Also,thank you both for the reply to my questions.

richie g said:
I saw the table on ebay and it does look good.Has anyone added a truck crane to a lifter and if so which one and how and where did you mount it.Also,thank you both for the reply to my questions.

Have not done it but looks pretty easy to pull off. Couple hundos and presto!

I found this old power in/out AC winch in the barn. I've been thinking that I might be better off with the winch on a crane than a lift. The lift seems like it would get in the way?

Attachments

• AC winch.jpg
    AC winch.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 165
I was thinking of a small shop lift that has a stand and an electric winch.This way I do not have to weld it to my machine and if I want to go either vert or horz it will not get in the way.I was also thinking it can fold up for easy storage.It really does not have to be that strong,on the really heavy ones i think it would be easier to to go horz anyway

Never thought about the truck crane lift or a winch mounted above. If I get the new shed in this spring/summer I will have dedicated space for the splitter and splitting so the next logical step would be one of those.

richie g said:
I was thinking of a small shop lift that has a stand and an electric winch.This way I do not have to weld it to my machine and if I want to go either vert or horz it will not get in the way.I was also thinking it can fold up for easy storage.It really does not have to be that strong,on the really heavy ones i think it would be easier to to go horz anyway

I think it would work. Not sure its worth the effort when you can go vert. I roll some big one's on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.