Can You Believe Pellets are Going for $370 Per Ton According to This Article

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$309 /ton in Middletown, RI at Island Hearth yesterday. They had pallets out front with the price marked on them.

---Nailer---

I installed my myself. It replaced a coal stove back in 1992. I just got two tons for just over $500, delivered.
Since 1992.. I use 150 gal of oil a year. I have a tankless oil burner for my hot water, and baseboard heat.
My electric bill is $175 during the winter (lots of PCs running). The furnace is in a crawl space and keeps that at 45+ degrees.
That keep the floor warm.
I keep the house theromstat set to 65. It never turns on the baseboard.
House is usually 72 to 76.
I have money in my saving account since I'm not dumping $3K into heat.
We have a Agway by us for the pellet fuel and have been using them for too many years to count.
I get 150 gal because it's the least they will deliver.

Sounds like me...Agway down the road...And I like the quality of their pellets....Got a 3 ton delivery 3 weeks ago..paid a little over 300 a ton delvered and stacked in my garage...Still have to get that 150 gals of oil for the HW...I'll have to order this week...I guess it's as low @ 3.58 a gallon as I can chance...

I just converted my oil h/w to an electric tank now I have turned off the furnance completely.The elecctric bill has gone up about $35 per month , I have two teenage daughters who change clothes 3 times a day washing clothes. I figured I was burning 1 tank per year on hot water ,over a grand ,at $35 per month its less than $500 per year convert your hot water from oil to electric.Put that heat blanket around the tank and now you will never have to deal with volatile oil prices again.

Just spoke to the local WalMart, no stock but have it coming in at $247/T. Will pick up 2 ton at that price but will only burn for ambiance at $300+
I heat a 26'x26' family room over my garage with the pellet stove, 55° when no-one is home and 72° while occupied. I used a little more than a ton last season (first year owning the house).

120 gal of oil @ $3.40/g = $408 (actually less as I keep it at 63° on oil)

At >$300/T, it is not worth carrying all those bags up the stairs for about $30/month savings.

The fireplace roars - went through about 1-1/2 gallons of gas in the chainsaw for 1-3/4 cord cut on my property. Some of that gas went through the weed eater too.

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.