Can you do CPR?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Can you perform CPR if needed?

• No it never works anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Learned CPR when I was in the Marines. Used it on a guy who backed a helicopter into some power lines. He had no pulse or resperation when we got there(less than 1 min). Kept him going until the EMTs got there and he survived. I actually keep in touch with him after 30 odd years. Almost dying definatly changes your perspective on life, I know I had a major heart attack at 41.

OldDedHed said:
Have done CPR long enough to remember the taste of victim vomit in my mouth. Thank God for universal precautions now. The save rate for cardiac arrest has never risen above 2% in any study I've ever seen, except maybe Eisenberg's lala land. And that's with the complete ACLS recipe being followed, not just the old pump and blow. Course it's been awhile since I paid that much attention to statistics so maybe it's better now. Either way that 2% makes any effort worth it.

Hey Jake, How's Chief Cammack doing these days? Went through the state academy with him, Ritchie Palmer, John Ness, etc back in the day. What a crew.......

Chief Cammack is still plugging away.

Ritchie Palmer retired a couple years back and is now working at the local high school vocational school teaching high schoolers in the Public Safety Class (giving students a leg up by training them to be EMT Basics and obtain Firefighter I certification and they touch on some aspects of law enforcement.)

John Ness is still kicking around . . . he was based out of Central Fire Station . . . but with job bidding done just recently I'm unsure if he is still here or back at Station 5 on the Hogan Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.