"Can you do me a favor, do you want 3/4s of a cord of wood?"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
A friend of mine had moved to a new home near me in NH over from VT. He had carefully hauled a couple of cords from his old place in VT to NH. He ended up moving to Mass less than year later and it was too long to haul the wood plus he would run afoul of hauling wood across state lines. The house in NH is for sale and at some point the realtor insisted that the remaining neatly piled and covered wood pile "looked bad and could detract from the sale".

I gladly took him up on the offer. The wood may be three years old cut to 17 inches length plus or minus an inch and split uniformly. It looks like it came out of firewood processor. It was covered with big sheets of galvanized roofing the width of a wood pile. I asked him what he was going to do with the roofing and he told me to take is along with the wood as he didn't have a way of moving it home and wouldn't need it at his new place. The wood is about half oak, its been about 20 years since I have burned oak to any extent so I think I am going to get spoiled for awhile as my local wood supply is mostly red maple and birch. I am far less careful with my cutting and splitting plus I use all the "ugly wood" so this stuff really puts my piles to shame.

I don't mind doing favors like this !

Do you a favor? Hey, what are friends for?

It is tough but somebody's gotta do it. Send that dumb realtor a box of candy.

Reactions: BIGDADDY
Sounds like a good friend to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.