can you get 6" x 9" x 1.25" firebrick somewhere

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(2yyxug55cew5qu45mxgfe2al)/productDetails.aspx?SKU=4066171

Sorry the whole URL didn't come through. Try copy & paste, or just go to Ace Hardware. Rutland sells packs of replacement firebrick splits. My local Ace guy didn't have any on the shelf, but he got me some in three days, now he stocks them. Rutland products are commonly available. Rick

Or just google rutland replacement firebrick.

Yeah...I wasn't payin' attention. The standard Rutlands are 4½" x 9" x 1¼". I've never seen 6" x 9" x 1¼". Rick

ETA: My apologies to the OP if I sent you on a wild goose chase. I assumed you were having trouble finding the 1¼" (split) dimension, as opposed to standard brick thickness. If the dimensions in your thread title are really what you're looking for, then I've no idea where you might find them. Sorry. Good luck.

Why not take two 4.5" bricks and rip them down to just shy of 3" each. Slap them together and you should have about a 6" brick. Any brick yard should have a wet saw they could cut them for you. We have one in the back for cutting our granite packages, so even a fireplace dealer might have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.