Can you give it a marketable name?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catseye

Woodstock HopeStone

in hopes that this can soon become the norm....

Den said:
The Balrog
Oi! It comes! Sorry - huge Tolkien fan......Cheers!

On that note, how about the EvenStar. Clean, clear, even burn......Cheers!

RenovationGeorge said:
Battenkiller said:
Pick a name that will conjure up an image of relaxation and warm comfort and folks will buy it even if it's made out of buffalo chips.

Calgon?

Hot Tub?

Kardashian?

Pot Roast?

I'll relax with Kim in a hot tub laced with Calgon Bath Beads any day of the week, but pot roast?

I'm thinking more like ham.

Attachments

• kim_kardashian.jpg
    kim_kardashian.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 293
Battenkiller said:
RenovationGeorge said:
Battenkiller said:
Pick a name that will conjure up an image of relaxation and warm comfort and folks will buy it even if it's made out of buffalo chips.

Calgon?

Hot Tub?

Kardashian?

Pot Roast?

I'll relax with Kim in a hot tub laced with Calgon Bath Beads any day of the week, but pot roast?

I'm thinking more like ham.

Were there any words in your message? I'm afraid I didn't notice.

Aww heck, just call it the "Stonehenge". Nobody really knows what that was built for, and 99% of new purchasers will know how the new stove works anyways. It just does. 'nough said.

Sorry, should have said-"99% of new purchasers will NOT know how the new stove works anyways". You get my gist on this.

The Woodstock Vesta
or
The Woodstock Hestia

hot box

Woodstock dual-tech.

Dual-tech Wonder by Woodstock.

Backwoods, was hoping for you to act as captain here informing us of good names.

Do the woodstock folks have any ideas, I mean other then the frankenstove R&D name?

Its a shame Fireview is already taken as their placement of the tubes is specifically for just this.

oh..woodstock 4th element

All I know is that they are still working on coming up with a good name. The Frankenstove was something someone came up with when they first started experimenting with the stove and it sort of stuck all through R & D. But they have some good people and I'm sure they will come up with a good name. They also watch this forum so they also are aware of what is posted for possible names.

Consider their other names: Fireview, Keystone, palladin, fireside , and franklin. They like short old fashioned names that really have no meaning with regards to the stove.

The stove name shouldn't describe the technology but they can name the technology to allow them to use this name when they make a larger stove or add it to the existing stoves. Think everburn for example, or even hemi for that dodge engine in the charger.

I like the name Roosevelt myself.

I like:

Woodstock Phoenix

Has association with fire of course as well as a simple easily said name...

According to some versions of the myths, the Phoenix would live a very long life (500 or more years), then be reborn from its own ashes. Hmm - sort of like the fires I expect from this stove eh? Long life then coals to rekindle the fire.
This firebird was often thought to be beautiful with colorful plumage (like the fires I expect to see in the stove), and had a benevolent spirit toward mankind (whew! I don't want some out of control fires in there).

Slow1 said:
I like:

Woodstock Phoenix

According to some versions of the myths, the Phoenix would live a very long life (500 or more years), then be reborn from its own ashes. Hmm - sort of like the fires I expect from this stove eh? Long life then coals to rekindle the fire.
This firebird was often thought to be beautiful with colorful plumage (like the fires I expect to see in the stove), and had a benevolent spirit toward mankind (whew! I don't want some out of control fires in there).

That would really, really piss off the people that make the Hearthstone Phoenix soapstone stove. :coolsmirk:

BrotherBart said:
Slow1 said:
I like:

Woodstock Phoenix

That would really, really piss off the people that make the Hearthstone Phoenix soapstone stove. :coolsmirk:

Good point. Back to the drawing board.

"Woodstock Evolution"

"Woodstock EVO"

Woodstock Bi :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.