Can you help identify my wood burning stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbyears

Nov 11, 2013
Uk
Hi all....You will note that I'm new around here so thank you for having me. :)

I've recently purchased what I was informed 'an old wood burning stove'. However, upon receiving it I quickly realised that the throat plate was perished, a large how smack bang in the centre. I've searched the entire stove for a manufacturer or model number so that I can order an alternative, sadly I am unable to identify any markings.

Can someone kindly identify the stove or suggest a replacement throat plate.

I'm delighted to have discovered this place :) thanks all!
image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to assume you are from the UK and my guess is that the stove is a homegrown one from there.

It may be an older model of a Hillandale - but I have seen quite a few british stoves which look similar. Most don't have the cast iron filigree in the door, though.....

So I would start there......send them a pic and see if it's theirs.....
http://www.broseleyfires.com/Hillandale/Monroe-5-SE_Multifuel-Stove.html

Status
Not open for further replies.