Can you help identify this Fisher?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newfisherman

Oct 7, 2011
us
Real new to stoves, but I've always heard good things about fishers and my grandfather had one. I don't know anything about this stove, but my best guess is a Mama Bear with glass doors. The problem is I haven't found any like it online.

I purchased this for 550 to help supplement (not replace) my expensive electric heat pump. I would put it in the basement that is directly UNDER our main great room which is 30'x30', but now I'm thinking it may be undersized.

If anyone could help with these questions I would be VERY VERY grateful.
1. identifying the model of this stove
2. An approximate value of the stove (excellent condition)
3. And if what square footage it can heat.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Fisher.jpg
    Fisher.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 650
Need dimensions to be sure. Looks deep enough for a Grandma III. GM VI has a larger angle of the glass cut out. (like the stove front picture below) Yes, the front looks like a Honey Bear, but they have a different air intake system around the doors, or bottom air inlet. (pictured) The ash fender built like a thin tray is a Honey style. Does it have 4 studs on the back or sides for a heat shield? Top or rear vent? It should have a tag on the side or back. What state did this one come from? Camfan on this site built them at the Georgia fabricator shop, but they were built across the US as well. Honey Bears didn't have side air intakes, but they (Georgia) added them to many that couldn't get enough intake air through the front intake that was designed for air wash over the glass.
Here's the side view of a Honey Bear, they are quite small measuring only 20 inches wide across top plate, with a 18 3/4 inch box. The one pictured has a bottom air intake for mobile home use. Grandma should normally have an 8 inch vent. Yours is ??

Attachments

• Honey Bear after 8.jpg
    Honey Bear after 8.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 606
  • Grandma Glass VI.jpg
    Grandma Glass VI.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 611
  • Grandma Glass VI angle.jpg
    Grandma Glass VI angle.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 898
Sounds like it may be a Honey Bear based on what you've said. The vent is rear facing and is 6" in diameter.
I'm not sure which state it came from but the guy I bought it from has had it roughly 15 or so years and he's here in Georgia.

It was deep enough to hold a 24" stick, but like you said, it is quite narrow from left to right measuring roughly 20". It is about 32" tall.
Thanks guys for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.