Can you help identify this insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth22

Nov 21, 2009
Southern Maine
I saw this insert on Craigslist for $xx (price redacted). I emailed and they *think" it's a Jotul. They said they bought it from a local stove dealer who I know to be reputable. As you can see the blue boxes are in the way and they can't get a better picture of it right now. Does anyone have a clue as to what insert this might be? Manufacturer? Model? Year?

insert2h.jpg

insert1.jpg

Looks like my Regency. Not sure what model or size without dimensions. Oh by the way I saw it on Craigslist also. Was it $300.00?
That is a steal!

What happened to the other picture?!

Pretty sure it's the regency medium, only the med and large have those side vents like that and the large is very long and stretched sorta, in the vanished pic it looked like the angle on the ash tray was about the same as the medium.

Seth22 said:
Tickbitty,

I only had those 2 pictures. Maybe another "identify" posting?
Yeah, it was weird, they were side by side, then the first one was gone, and now it's back, but right on top! Same two pics though.

The owner was able to get in touch with the dealer they bought from. They said it's a 2003 Regency H2100 (hearth heater).

It would require quite a bit of space in front of the fireplace as the stove itself stick out of the fireplace almost 20" (then I need another 18" of hear extension).

Any review/thoughts on the H2100?

!!!

Looking at the lack of side vent on the H2100, it's definitely not that. I'm guessing it's the I2400 (as y'all have said).

The hearth heater doesn't look like that and has a much smaller firebox than the I2400. Go get it before someone else does!

I'm picking it up tonight! Thanks to everyone for your help! I'll post pics once I get her cleaned up and installed. I'm so excited!

You should be. The stove looks lightly used. If so, that is one heckuva deal. Congratulations!

OK, I got the stove. I will try to take before, restored, and installed pictures. I just look at the serial tag. The model is actually the I2100M.

Interesting! I think the "M" must stand for medium, right? And that sure looks more like their medium insert than it does their hearth heater, wonder if the hearth heater was a later development that assumed the 2100 number or something? Let us know what you find out! I think either way that's a great stove, congrats! Does it really require much restoration, or is it about ready to go?

The reason it is NOT the H2100 (HI200) is because the "H" indicates Hampton, which it is not. With those side vents it is a Regency.

Must be why he said the tag on it said I2400M. :coolsmirk:

I'm the OP (if anyone cares). I painted it (Regency I2100) with Stove Bright and fired her up last night to cure and get the smell off before it got too cold to open the window. I made this little movie which shows the secondary combustion pretty well. This is my first stove with secondary combustion. I looked outside at the chimney, not even a hint of smoke. Sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVmfwaolYM

Nice! Did it need painting? Was hard to tell but from the little bit in the original pictures, it looked in nice shape! What color stove bright did you go with?
My Lopi came with a can of the metallic black for touchups, so I guess that's what it is. It's in good shape now but I'm not totally enamored of the color as it looks vaguely "ashy" to me even when it's clean. Maybe it's my setup though.

Status
Not open for further replies.