Can you help me identify this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Domowije

Nov 18, 2016
United States
IMG_0368.JPG
Got this stove given to us it has no markings what so ever. I know nothing about it or where it comes from. I guess it supposed to have glass in the front here n that metal in the box slides up if you want to see your fire but can't right now with no glass lol personally don't think it burns good has only fire brick along the bottom no grate or anything in bottom just brick doesn't even get my kettle steaming :-( Anything would be helpful Been burning my whole life grew up heating with only wood never had a stove I couldn't cook on just don't get this one
we are only using it for (hopefully a month) while our trusty Russo is getting patched up
IMG_0369.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like an Orley or Orley knock-off. It will heat and eat wood like candy.

Quick question begreen, I'm used to my Russo style as you know. It has a damper built in at top back of stove n draft at bottom this doesn't have that. I want, out of habit, to use a damper on pipe with this one. I guessing because of the style it is I don't use it. Am I right ? Will it burn hotter?

Is the Russo a coal heater? If yes, a pipe damper can help slow it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.